Problem please help!!

I had almost the same thing happen. I have a PC3 as well but put on 12,000 miles last year with it. But pulled it anyway nothing changed :( Also, I had exhaust popping.. I thought maybe I had a valve hanging open so I tore it down to check valve clearance and it was dead on pulled plugs they were all nice and had good gap. So I started searching and someone mentioned a :tre: so I went to my box of electronics junk and found me a transistor (2222a) and two resistors (6.8k and 47k) and soldered it up and poof problem no more.

Just so we're clear I am certain I am just masking the problem but it sure runs good and smooth and more power than ever so it leads me to want to find someone to do a full map and flash the ecu.. From what I can tell the PCIII only modifies the orders coming from the ecu to the injectors and doesn't care about what gear you are in so that seems kinda weak when the on-board computer does way more. But hey I bought it..

I'd like to offer two more possibilites which make sense to me.

The engine bogs when going slowly through 4-5k range, and when idling it sort of jumps from 4k to 5k. I would rule out injectors because the engine would exibit issues even above 4-5k, especially under load when more gas is needed.

1. When was the last time you lubricated your throttle cables? Could be as simple as the cable being stuck in a few spots, and then moves abruptly thus causing a sudden surge from 4k to 5k.

2. You may have a bad connection in at least one spark plug wires, or in some cables. When connection is bad, a certain rpm may cause resonance with the connector and disrupt the connection at certain rpm only. So, when you quickly go past 4-5k range it doesn't happen, but when you go slowly, the poor connection is literally being shaken like crazy, thus losing connectivity momentarily. I had something similar, and this can be cured in a couple of hours using a contact cleaner spray, followed by letting it dry for a few min, and followed by liberally applying dialectric grease (you can get these in any auto parts stores). I went around the bike and disconnected pretty much every freaking connector, cleaned, dried, and applied dialectric grease. My problem disappeared.

Let us know how it goes.

I picked up sea foam on my way home from work, it read pour 1oz per gallon so I added about 6 oz to a full tank and rode home trying to keep the rpm's above 4500 then hit a short back road and kept them between 5000 and 7000 (I have never done that, my head is still ringing I LOVE IT!!). When I got home (15 - 20 miles) I put in neutral and slowly reved the engine and it stayed smooth and consistant all the way to 5500 (didn't go any more) several times. Tomorrow will be the test 50 miles one way to work most of which is 70-80 mph I hope it works :please:

Hey IG thank you for the input, I have a cable lube thing but I can't seem to make it work, I feel like an idiot because it looks so simple but the lub always comes out instead of going down the cable. So I have tried to lub the cables once I will try it again this weekend, however, I don't think this is it because the throttle grip feels the same and smooth all of the way through. I had not thought of the connections, Thanks I'll try that this weekend too.

Back