Probably a stupid question, but

Garrison

Registered
Is a GSX-R 1000, an R1, or a Fireblade (we'll say 04 for all models) faster than a busa?
Again, I know it comes down to rider, but statistically speaking, because they weigh almost 100lbs less I think that would have a significant impact on the power.

Now I'm pretty sure that they'll rape the busa in a corner, but on a straight I can't imagine it would be that much different than riding a bird.

Thoughts?

Is a GSX-R 1000, an R1, or a Fireblade (we'll say 04 for all models) faster than a busa?
Again, I know it comes down to rider, but statistically speaking, because they weigh almost 100lbs less I think that would have a significant impact on the power.

Now I'm pretty sure that they'll rape the busa in a corner, but on a straight I can't imagine it would be that much different than riding a bird.

Thoughts?

Most of the Newer Liter bikes yes have the power to keep up with or even out run the busa but were the Busa Pulls is on top end because it has more cc's :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Most of the Newer Liter bikes yes have the power to keep up with or even out run the busa but were the Busa Pulls is on top end because it has more cc's :thumbsup::thumbsup:
I agree i think they should accelerate a little quicker never raced one off the line myself.

I raced an R1 last weekend and he pulled me in first and second but i got him by about three bike lengths in third and fourth was about the same. and that was stock vs stock. They kill me in the corners and hold right with me for a 60 punch til about 150. And thats all the liter bikes ive raced. Now at the track in the 1/8 for some reason they kill every busa that comes up against them that is stock. In the quarter its a close race and comes down to shifting. Im running 16/44 gears and i havent found a race yet until i finish the bike but i dont think they will be able to touch me now. Unless I end up doing a backflip.

Liter bike may (or may not) be a little quicker in a straight line, depending if you can keep the front wheel down. Not a drag racer so I can't say from experience.
Corners, be it track or twisties, is all about the rider. Properly set up and riden Busa, contrary to popular belief, is no slouch in the corners. Not a match on the track but on the country backroads, Busa can get the job done pretty well. Few liter bikes can drop me, but more than a few can't.:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Okay, now which gets better gas mileage?

The smaller you go in cc's, the better gas mileage you get. 600cc's by design gets less than a 1340cc bike could ever get when they are both stock. Same thing as choosing between 1.6L and 5.7L car.

The smaller you go in cc's, the better gas mileage you get. 600cc's by design gets less than a 1340cc bike could ever get when they are both stock. Same thing as choosing between 1.6L and 5.7L car.

I figured as much. Thanks for the re-enforcement.

ive ridden both several times as a good friend owns one, well i should say owned one, and there a close match in the short game if you can geep the front end down, IMO they are just two damn light and not as comfortable after an hour or two on the road. i'm never leavin my busa.......by the way my friend sold 1k his cause it got away from him 4 different times andin a two year period he replaced all the plastic twice lmao eric if you read this sorry bro lol

Never had one that could even stay close to me let alone beat my umm, ahhh stock Busa.

Haha, nice man.
So the busa is pretty sturdy? I assume it would be based on the weight, but I think it's best to ask before I decide what to do next with this new toy

The Busa IMO is the best all around machine on the market today. It excelles at drag racing, top speed, can be a capable corner carver and make a great touring machine.

I am much quicker on my R1 through the mountains or on the track, but the busa will hold its own. You just have to decide what you want your machine to doa and set it up that way.

Back