Confession to make...

WHITEtt

Registered
I don't have the money for one, but...

The 2009 Yamaha R1 looks fantastic! If I was to be given a bike for free right now that I couldn't turn around and sell, I'd probably pick it even over the newest GSX-R 1000.

sorry if I let you guys down with this info...:D

What do you guys think? If I were to give you any motorcycle on the planet to ride both on track and street but you couldn't sell it, what would you want?

the 09 r1 would be up there.....otherwise probably an 09 busa if I have to pick a production bike. If not production, I would take a y2k bike.....or Tomahawk.

:laugh:

Have you guys heard the 09 R1? It sounds INCREDIBLE! [URL="
R1 Akro[/URL] Like a V4 on roids, quickest revving motor I have ever heard outside formula 1!

Last edited by a moderator:
a friend of mine and djsin is getting one of those. heck, he may have already taken delivery on it...not sure. but yeah those are pretty sweet machines.

i just did some reading. i really like the looks and everything i read was great. i just wish i knew more about yamaha. i have never even sat on one. me and my friends ride kawa and suzuki and they r pretty much all i know. but yea if u gave me an 09 r1 i would b jumping for joy

Ducati Hypermotard. Funnest bike you will ever ride, hands down

+ a great big 1

Ducati Hypermotard rhs blk.jpg

What do you guys think? If I were to give you any motorcycle on the planet to ride both on track and street but you couldn't sell it, what would you want?
Guess I'm pretty sold on my Busa right now, although a Gen II would be nicer.

The trouble with exotics is they're often impractical for everyday life. They can be harder to work on, or need more work, and parts will send you crying. The super exotics are probably worse than antiques.

Hmmm, antiques.... I've always wanted a Knucklehead.

But it's hard to beat the everyday practicality of our Hayabusas. Comfort, handling, power. It's pretty much the best bike I've ever owned. :thumbsup:

I've never owned or been a big Yamaha fan, but that new R1 is pretty nice.

I really like my BUSA for the street. However, I would not mind an 08 or 09 CBR600RR or CBR1000RR for a street/track day bike. The Repsol 1000RR is pretty sweet, but I would be afraid of destroying it on a track day.

I am intrigued by the new crank design, really like to try one out. I read some tests & they were believers, good way to fatten up some of the lamer (flatter) RPM ranges. Perhaps we can all use stroked and staggered cranks....:laugh:

I am intrigued by the new crank design, really like to try one out. I read some tests & they were believers, good way to fatten up some of the lamer (flatter) RPM ranges. Perhaps we can all use stroked and staggered cranks....:laugh:
I believe the unusual crank has more to do with getting the rear tire to hook up in the corner than fattening up power. It doesn't seem obvious, but irregular power pulses let the tire grab in the low torque spots of the engine cycle.

One of the Harley dirt track tuners used to do this with their flat trackers. Didn't do it with the crank (only a single pin for both pistons), but he would alter the timing so both pistons fired together (72* apart? the V angle), followed by a long lull between the next power strokes, letting the rear tire hook up again in the dirt. Love the name - called it a "Twingle" motor. Made a great sound.

Back