Price on an 01 katana..

LadyHawk

w00t!!
Donating Member
Registered
I've got an 01 750 Katana. I'm thinking about selling it to get the downpayment for my Busa.
It's got around 29,000 miles. But it's in great shape. A few scratches on the left fairing where I dropped it from a standstill.

It has a gel seat, k and n filter, ignition advancer, Vance and Hines slip on, clear front signals and clear tail light, a chopped back fender with LED turn signals, and a smoked windscreen.

I've looked on a Katana site and ebay and I'm thinking $4000 is a fair price. GJoker says $2500 because of the miles.

What is y'all's opinion? 2500 or 4000?

mesh_mod_2.jpg

A buddy of mine just bought one, maybe a year newer
rock.gif
...not sure, but he got it for $3400, less that 2000 miles on it...

Let me go look around Kat, see what is comparable...

Woo Hoo!!!! You're getting a BUSA!!!!!
biggrin.gif

Well, plug the basic info in to KBB and it comes back as $4200 or so, but they expect it to have about 5000 miles less than you do on it...that doesn't account for the mods you've made, so in the end, those two factors might balance each other out...

I'd check "CycleTrader Online" and see if you can find some Katanas the same year/condition as yours...see what they're asking...

Ask $3200, then go down to $3000. That is about what they are going for around here. Plus you can sell it alot quicker that way.
wink.gif

They make killer first bikes. Real full size bike, Real good usable power, dead reliable, and good handling.

Good on ya Girl Go get that Busa!

Kim's wants to sell her's. It's an 02 with about 6k. Figure we will ask $2500-$3000 range. It has the same type mods but has been dropped (repeatedly) on the right side.

$4000 seems a bit steep for an 01 with 30k, but who knows.

Chris

Thanks for the help everyone. I'm still considering, but you gave me some things to consider.

I'd put it up at $4000, you never know who will come your way. It's not your job to do other people's homework. Those are are truely interested will already have a offer price in mind. Besides, it gives you some room to haggle
wink.gif

Back