Pretty sad

Guess we will never know now. I wear my helmet as I recomend everyone does. But as many of us know, or at least should. If you crash at a high rate of speed all the gear in the world is not gonna protect you from blunt force trauma. Remember when you crash there are really 3 crashes going on. 1st crash the the odject your on hitting the object causing it to come ot a stop. Next is you going at what ever speed you were going and hitting the car. next is your organs going at what ever speed you were going hitting the inside of your body. All that moving around inside you is what will kil you. Organs dont like to move and will shear blood vessles and nerves doing it usualy ending in death due to blood loss or severed nerves causing every function from the point of the damage on to stop.

does not mention cause of death nor high rate of speed (and you gotta figure they would have if it was a cause) but that he was ejected and the bike continued into the pole. Not sure how it hit the pole but perhaps gear could have saved him, unless his body hit something that was not going to give (like a pole) and caused him to stop suddenly. I'll always take my chances with the gear instead of nothing, especially a helmet. I've lost some skin when younger and well that stuff hurts. Sorry that he died but there's no where near enough info in there to say that gear would not have saved his life. Its a proven fact that even a slow speed get off can carry enough blunt force trauma to your head to kill you or worse leave you as a vege and have your family have to decide to pull the plug :down:

You can be standing up then fall over backward and crack your egg. Don't even need to be on or in a vehicle.
No speed was mentioned in article nor did it say he hit anything. He was ejected and to me I'd say first impact coming off and down when that happened he smacked his head and that was that. It is a whip like effect with the head being the tip. When folks crash no matter what hits first the head always whips thru a wave pattern and contacts the ground. Neck muscles aren't strong enough to keep your head from whipping onto the street. That's what helmets are for. That's the only significant piece of evidence they mention, he wasn't wearing one.

Either way no matter what he's gone and a family has been impacted. I'm sorry for the loss.
RIP.

Guess we will never know now. I wear my helmet as I recomend everyone does. But as many of us know, or at least should. If you crash at a high rate of speed all the gear in the world is not gonna protect you from blunt force trauma. Remember when you crash there are really 3 crashes going on. 1st crash the the odject your on hitting the object causing it to come ot a stop. Next is you going at what ever speed you were going and hitting the car. next is your organs going at what ever speed you were going hitting the inside of your body. All that moving around inside you is what will kil you. Organs dont like to move and will shear blood vessles and nerves doing it usualy ending in death due to blood loss or severed nerves causing every function from the point of the damage on to stop.
all true. Aortic dissection tends to sever and the valve is usually unrepairable. RIP

Back