Pressure Test

GSXRFANN

FLUNKIE
Donating Member
Registered
Does anyone know how I would pressure test my radiator to find a small,,,smallllllll leak?
I don't know what to do to find the leak, because I can not see it when the bike is running. Doesn't make any sense I know, but that is what is going on.

These radiators can be repaired can't they?
iamwithstupid.gif

There is a pressure tester for cooling systems. I am going to guess you dont have one. So you can remove the hose that comes from the reservoir and put air pressure to it there with the cap on of course. You can do this with a bycycle tire pump with a hose on it. Or use air from an air compressor be careful with the pressure on the second method. Radiators can be repaired.

the best way is to remove the thing from your bike and air test it under water... air leaks much easier than coolant and you can not fix the thing on the bike anyway.. IF it is a deterioration of the radiator, throw it away and buy a new one.. if it is a leak from damage, perhaps worth fixing... most cases they are not easily fixed..

Most radiator shops should be able to test it for you in their leak tank (and yes I worked for a radiator shop many years ago)
smile.gif

Cool!! I will try to get it off of there and to a radiator shop ASAP!! Thanks guys!!

just be aware that most aluminum units are "not repairable" so do not be too shocked if it comes back that way.. SOME guys are good enough to do some small patching but more the exception than the rule... If the hole is in an exposed place, you stand a chance.. if it is buried... toss it..

Back