Cooling system

bRaaap

Registered
I have a K6, that overheats. I have pressure from the coolant intake to the blocked but no pressure after the water pump. Everything gets pushed to the reservoir but the coolant isn’t boiling. Cap is in good condition but when it starts to overheat the cap starts to leak a little from the steam. Fan does not kick on at high temp idle either. I’ve flushed the coolant line 3 times and put a new thermostat in even though the original worked. If I squeeze the outlet line it pushes coolant out of the radiator cap. Any thoughts?

I have a K6, that overheats. I have pressure from the coolant intake to the blocked but no pressure after the water pump. Everything gets pushed to the reservoir but the coolant isn’t boiling. Cap is in good condition but when it starts to overheat the cap starts to leak a little from the steam. Fan does not kick on at high temp idle either. I’ve flushed the coolant line 3 times and put a new thermostat in even though the original worked. If I squeeze the outlet line it pushes coolant out of the radiator cap. Any thoughts?
Did you apply power to the fan directly to see if the fan motor is good and test for voltage at the connector with a meter?

It sounds like maybe you have some air in the system, there is a way to bleed it, @c10 made a video.
When it starts to overheat how high does the temp gauge show?
if the fan isn’t coming on then that also can be a major factor. As Miguel suggested, try to power up fan manually. Also if you can power it manually let it run and see if the overheating issue is resolved.

You said that when you squeeze the hose, coolant oozes out of the cap. That should not happen. The system needs to be sealed to keep the boiling point higher. I would replace the cap and see of the system pressurizes then.

Fan is good, I wired a switch to it. I’ll just keep bleeding and give the results back.
I’m with the post above, you shouldn’t have coolant coming out of the cap. As for “burping” I followed @c10 video and was shocked at how much air gets trapped in there. After a lot of leaning side to side, it was all bled and level stayed the same. I knew then that it was good. Here is his post with video:

Back