Powerlet

Hi Pashnit,

Nice set-up, im surprised you can get so much under the seat!!

Do you sell the parts individually?

ive just wired in a power supply on my bike, but im not sure the socket is gonna last all that long, i think its going to corode, so could be looking at a replacement.

The socket i have fitted is 3-pin so i can have one switched live connection and one permanent live connection. looks like yours are a conventional two pin? not really a problem though.

i would be looking for a socket or two to fit to the bike and also a couple of plugs so i can wire in my stuff.

Andy.

Thanks great info. Do you have an outlet set up on your busa or is everything run from under the seat?

Thanks

Hi Pashnit,

Nice set-up, im surprised you can get so much under the seat!!

Do you sell the parts individually?

Hi Andy - I carry the entire Powerlet Products line, so I can source you anything they make- It's a big site- 26 pages of items.

Main Entry Page for Powerlet is Here.

Need help figuring out what adapter/connector/wire you might need, just let me know and wel'll figure it out.

As for what's in the Busa Trunk & what you see in the pic above - here's all the items I'm carrying that I can provide.

Cycle Pump Air Compressor

Stop-n-Go Tire Repair Kit

Spare footpegs - Get aftermarket, and toss your old ones in the trunk.

Spare Levers - also, get Pazzos and toss your old ones in the trunk.

Power Commander I could source for you, but very competitive for those and dealers normally give them away. Shop around.

The Autocom is carried by most BMW dealers, although there are mulitple options in communicators. The Kenwood XL Freetalk is dated, but ruggedized military-style walkie-talkie and we just keep using it year after year. Source that via eBay, probably a great deal.

Btw, on the Air Compressor - Here's page I wrote on up on How to Fix a Flat. :thumbsup:

Thanks great info. Do you have an outlet set up on your busa or is everything run from under the seat?

Thanks

Silver, I just ran a fused hot wire directly off the batter into the rear tail section of the Busa. Did all that really before I knew about all those smooth clean install Power Accessory Outlets via Powerlet.

Here's the wire that's coming off the battery. See that curled black wire with two-pin SAE plug on the end? You can buy that here.

displayimage.php

Attempting to suck the life out of the battery. :lol: Also normally have the powered directly off the battery too.

displayimage.php

Here's a shot of the various adapters I've got that will plug into the end of that hot-wire coming directly off the battery.

Thingy on the left is to power the Kenwood Radio directly off the bike. Then a Cigarette-Widder plug (for electric vest) in the middle. Two Cig adapters on the right. Buy Now on the Adapters is here.

Again, this is the old-fashioned way of doing things, it works, it's cheap, and it's easy.

I like stuff that's cheap. Stuff that works. And I'm easy. :lol:

displayimage.php

Pashnit, do you ship to the UK?

If so, i'll pm you when i get a minute to look through your site.

Andy.

Used a aux. power outlet out of a Ford van, wired it into my 8 gang aux. fuse block that I installed also. In the rear hump.

Pashnit, do you ship to the UK?

If so, i'll pm you when i get a minute to look through your site.

Andy.

No problem Andy. Shipping worldwide.

Yesterday was items sent to UK & Canada. Got an order sitting here waiting to go to Athens, Greece, another for Singapore. :thumbsup: Gone global. :thumbsup:

No problem Andy. Shipping worldwide.

Yesterday was items sent to UK & Canada. Got an order sitting here waiting to go to Athens, Greece, another for Singapore. :thumbsup: Gone global. :thumbsup:

great job man. :thumbsup:

I'm in process of several electrical mods now and will be ordering more from you in a bit myself.

"See that curled black wire with two-pin SAE plug on the end? You can buy that here."

I currently have that, and a cigarette lighter adaptor. I have a GPS also hard wired. I saw a tank bag that used the Powerlet products and wired everything through it. I liked the idea so I am looking at how to clean up all the wires and make things simpler with an outlet near the base of the gas tank that I can plug the tank bag into to run electronic goodies.

...I am looking at how to clean up all the wires and make things simpler with an outlet near the base of the gas tank that I can plug the tank bag into to run electronic goodies.

IF you come off the extra plug up in the nose I think you could do this pretty easily. plus it would have less wires to run since it is already there.

There is an extra plug in the nose section by the right turn signal for European running lights. It's not used and is a switched power plug so whatever you plug in will only be "on" when the lights are on.

There is an extra plug in the nose section by the right turn signal for European running lights. It's not used and is a switched power plug so whatever you plug in will only be "on" when the lights are on.

Sweet. How do you get to it and what type of plug is it?

Okay, been through all the possible set-ups and starting to make my choices....

After much searching/comparring etc. for heated grips I'm really leaning towards these;

A Great Grip and a Perfect Fit for most Sport Bikes. At 4 3/4" long and sized for a 7/8" handlebar this grip fits most sport bikes.

Features our patented "burn-out proof" heating elements.

Comfort-sized grip naturally reduces wrist and hand stress.

Dual Heat - all our grips allow you to select high, low or no heat. Also available is an infinitely adjustable heat controller.

Our unique internal Heat Isolation Ribs effectively limit heat transfer to the handlebars and put the heat where it is needed - the rider's hands.

Our Most Popular Accessory - works with ANY of our grips.

Simple Wiring. It doesn't get any easier than this - just two wires to connect!

That factory finished look - blends in perfectly with your other controls.

With a variable heat controller;

Infinitely variable Heat - adjust your heat from zero to full heat or anywhere in-between.

Fully Electronic - produces no noticeable heat. This controller is NOT a variable resistor or rheostat but an electronic control unit, technically classified as a pulse width modulator. Over 98% efficient.

WARNING: Requires DC Current - if your vehicle has a battery or electric start then you have DC current and you can use this controller.

Weatherproof - With an "O" ring on the shaft and the electronics fully sealed in epoxy this control unit is truly weatherproof.

Meets SAE1455 requirements which are automotive standards for tolerance to dust, vibration, severe cycling, -40 degrees C to 85 degrees C., Voltage breakdown to spikes up to 600 volts. Reverse polarity protected. Electronic circuit protection from damage or malfunction due to Reverse Polarity, Field Decay, RF Radiation, Load Dump (per SAE J1113a)

121_large_image.gif

166_image.jpg

Sweet. How do you get to it and what type of plug is it?

You could dig up what kind of plug it is or spend a few bucks and just order a harness from Smithbusa that will run from the Euro plug to the tail. It puts 1 up front and 2 in the rear. I believe he will modify and do 2 up front if you want for a couple bucks more. (He's a board sponsor I believe)

You can order the harness from his site or PM him.

I think I saw where he would mail you just a plug for like $3 if that's all you are looking for.

I am going to use this in conjunction with the Powerlet products.

You could dig up what kind of plug it is or spend a few bucks and just order a harness from Smithbusa that will run from the Euro plug to the tail. It puts 1 up front and 2 in the rear. I believe he will modify and do 2 up front if you want for a couple bucks more. (He's a board sponsor I believe)

You can order the harness from his site or PM him.

I think I saw where he would mail you just a plug for like $3 if that's all you are looking for.

I am going to use this in conjunction with the Powerlet products.

Many thanks my friend... :thumbsup:

Back