Power question from a broke guy

Thats what I was leaning toward. I am mechanically inclind but I would need a kit that has everything I would need. Is it sold as a complete kit or do you have to buy it piece by piece? If so what are the pieces?

you need a good full exhaust, I believe the 1397 pistons and block exchange itself are $1000...some mild cams and then some port work. I'm not motor expert but somebody might be able to squeeze out 200RWHP with higher compression ect....but I would think if you did the build yourself you could get away with $3000 or so....I would much save a few hundred more and do a stage 1 turbo that made 230-280RWHP depending on how you set it up

you need a good full exhaust, I believe the 1397 pistons and block exchange itself are $1000...some mild cams and then some port work. I'm not motor expert but somebody might be able to squeeze out 200RWHP with higher compression ect....but I would think if you did the build yourself you could get away with $3000 or so....I would much save a few hundred more and do a stage 1 turbo that made 230-280RWHP depending on how you set it up

Thank you for the info, my new question is with a turbo is the bike still dependable? I have 40,000 miles on a 2007 and most of my rides don't end until 200 miles atleast. I would love the power but I still want to know my bike is not going to fail. It seems making the engine bigger would be more dependable since nothing is forced its just a engine breathing on its own, however, I have never delt with any type of turbo so any facts on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for the info, my new question is with a turbo is the bike still dependable? I have 40,000 miles on a 2007 and most of my rides don't end until 200 miles atleast. I would love the power but I still want to know my bike is not going to fail. It seems making the engine bigger would be more dependable since nothing is forced its just a engine breathing on its own, however, I have never delt with any type of turbo so any facts on this would be greatly appreciated.

wow you do alot of riding:thumbsup: If I was riding as much as you a RCC stage 1 turbo is what I would be purchasing and here is why. Getting N/A power takes larger pistons, larger cams and other internal modifications. The turbo you can actually just bolt right on and your motor runs as designed and will run like a stock bike out of boost....no to mention with 6-7lb you will be making a solid 30HP-40HP more than what you would out of a motor build. I think most would be in agreement that a turbo is a MUCH better option for the type of riding you do. With the a big bore and slightly larger cams, pistons, headwork ect...you will get worst gas mileage for sure. The key to the whole thing is purchasing a HIGH QUALITY TURBO SYSTEM WITH GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE. You really should give Richard at RCC turbos a call. He sells refurbished stage 1 kits also. There are people out there with stage 1 turbos on bikes with over 50K miles:thumbsup: You can slap the stage 1 right on or lower the compression through a base spacer and add some head studs and run a few extra Lb's of boost of 93 octane pump gas. The stage 1 will get you an honest 250RWHP

wow you do alot of riding:thumbsup: If I was riding as much as you a RCC stage 1 turbo is what I would be purchasing and here is why. Getting N/A power takes larger pistons, larger cams and other internal modifications. The turbo you can actually just bolt right on and your motor runs as designed and will run like a stock bike out of boost....no to mention with 6-7lb you will be making a solid 30HP-40HP more than what you would out of a motor build. I think most would be in agreement that a turbo is a MUCH better option for the type of riding you do. With the a big bore and slightly larger cams, pistons, headwork ect...you will get worst gas mileage for sure. The key to the whole thing is purchasing a HIGH QUALITY TURBO SYSTEM WITH GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE. You really should give Richard at RCC turbos a call. He sells refurbished stage 1 kits also. There are people out there with stage 1 turbos on bikes with over 50K miles:thumbsup: You can slap the stage 1 right on or lower the compression through a base spacer and add some head studs and run a few extra Lb's of boost of 93 octane pump gas. The stage 1 will get you an honest 250RWHP

Thank you this is exactly the type of info I was looking for :thumbsup: Now I just have to save save save and hopefully get enough to start looking within the year. Maybe a winter project for next year getting too many 40+ degree days to think about tearing it down now. I want more power but if its above 40 I gotta ride :thumbsup:

Thank you this is exactly the type of info I was looking for :thumbsup: Now I just have to save save save and hopefully get enough to start looking within the year. Maybe a winter project for next year getting too many 40+ degree days to think about tearing it down now. I want more power but if its above 40 I gotta ride :thumbsup:

a turbo is what you need for extended riding miles...stock driveability...and much more power delivery than stroker. Please call richard at rcc and he wil give you the run down on what he suggest and this way you will know what you should save for. He's a nice guy and is interested in not only selling his products but seeing that they are the highest quality and his customers get what the pay for. Trust me on this

Get a gen 2 busa crank for the extra stroke, drop in pistons, two intake cams, and if you can swing it get the head ported and deg the cams. You can keep the price down by finding used parts, id recomend psychobike.com theres alot of used parts on there. Crank is about 500, pistons around the same, and head work. So a tad more but it would get you close to where you want and would be a fun motor.:beerchug:

Last edited:

:thumbsup:

Back