Power Commander

R1000

Registered
I installed a Power Commander yesterday and expected that the bike should be more or less completely wild on midrange. I used the Busa-08/R-77 map from the Power Commander site. The first impression is that I didn't gain any performance at all. Any one having the same, or a more positive experience in using PC on Busa -08?

The bike will be dynoed in 10 days, so the definite answer may come from there. The bike will be tested with and w/o dB-killer and PC.

Good luck, the generic maps are close in most cases, but dyno should get everything available. Might not be a noticeable difference. Good luck
beerchug.gif

I may have fooled myself into this by taking the example from PowerCommander's homepage to serious. I have good experiences from using a PC on my GSX R1000 -03, which made me believe this would turn out the same. The claim for a typhical improvement is that midrange power may increase by 20 percent, see picture below.

If one compare the map for the Busa -08/R-77 with the zero-map, the bike gets less fuel from 3 to 5 k with the PC, which will not help in producing extra power unless the bike is too rich stock, which it isn't in this range. The PC also only have effect on the lower fuel injectors. So, it may be possible that the bike runs better with connected O2 sensor and w/o PC in combination with the Yosh R-77 system. This needs to be further investigated.

perfLarge.jpg

It's been stated time and time again you don't need a PC with Yosh full system, But I think with the old ways of thinking people think they have to have it. I don't have one my 08 and it runs like a scolded Falcon.
thumb_up.gif

Agree, and this is why I wanted to leave information before more people spend dollars on stuff that has no significant effect. I can see that drag races and alike want to tune their bikes for special purposes with a the PC, but for normal use it is definitely not needed.

YEEEEHAAAAAAAAAWWWW I didn't order a PC when I ordered my R77 system. I was hoping I wouldn't need it....keeping my fingers crossed. $275.00 will buy a lot of riding fuel!!!!
beerchug.gif

I've now tested with PC and w/o dB-killer. The engine really wakes up at higher RPM's
cool.gif
Still, I have a feeling it is not as strong on midrange as without the PC and connected O2-sensor. Dyno will tell...

Back