power commander

PDBusa

who, me?
Donating Member
Registered
Have done numerous searches and haven't found enough info to satisfy me. Have Yoshi RS-3 pipes on 05 and was told yesterday by dealer that I am losing HP by not having a PC. Is this true or just a sales pitch? I have no problems with backfiring and bike purrs nicely but if I am losing HP
rock.gif

Any input?

I think that is a sales pitch. Slip-ons are mainly added for cosmatic looks, not for power gains. Also, I was told by Yosh that slip-ons and canisters do not require a power commander and that actually you may gain a hp or two.

Thanks guys. This forum is way beyond helpful.
Now will someone please help with my valve rattle problem.
sad.gif
smile.gif

I have the yosh rs3 cans. Had to tune the computer for the cans. "bad idle , surging ". Its all good now.....

I just recently installed some TRS yosh's and love them. Great sound and looks, this is what I was going for. Out of courosity I called Dynojet to ask them personally what I could expect by getting a powercommander for a basically unmodified bike, except for slip ons and a BMC filter.

I was told (by dynojet) that you wouldnt see much if any top end gain, (maybe 1-2 hp) if that, but the main difference that you would see is smoother power delivery and some power gains in the mid range. I havent purchased one, and Im still debating. If I come across a good deal I may, but as of yet Im still in amazment of the power that these beasts have stock!!

Back