Yoshi Pipes and Power Commander II

OB_Jeff

Registered
I am considering putting Yoshi pipes on a Hayabusa. I am also thinking about a Power Commander II. Does anyone have some stats on
the HP gains by using the Power Commander II?

What is the best selection of pipes?

1. Steel
2. Aluminum
3. Titanium
4. Carbon Fiber

Are Slip ons worth the cost savings if one is trying to save weight and gain HP?

Jeff, how about a Formula Extreme update? Any new top speed records?

Did you see other busa's and any full systems?

M4 is working on a pipe, probably the choice pipe in the end.

Current choices Yosh RS3, Yosh Tri-oval, Micron, Sato, and the Akrapovic by the end of the this month. M4 still in developement.

Jeff you go to the races, what does that tell you.

Slip ons you may as well just drill out the stockers.

There's a bunch of posted information but it gets convoluted in discussion. I'm not that experienced, but love the Busa!

So, the PCII, how much HP on stock pipes?

Of the flavors of pipes mentioned above (steel, aluminum, titanium and carbon fiber) which full system will provide the lightest weight and most HP? Yoshi tells me titanium and carbon fiber are the same. There is one heck of a price increase for decoration?!

Akrapovic seems to be the one worth waiting on according to other discussion?

When its all said and done I do not think there will be any real large differences in pipes. The real HP gains will be in the reprogramming of the injection...who ever gets it right will get the most increase. The stock pipes are very good. Akrapovic claims 7 HP gain without remapping...very close to Yosh or micron. The 4 into 2 pipes will make more HP but at a wieght penalty...ask any of the pipe makers. Akrapovic had out a 4 into 2 in europe that made much higher HP but don`t know if it is being brought to US. A large difference in pipes will probably end up being 2-3 HP....with manufactoring tolerances on engines from factory...no real difference.And another thing is a dyno can be made to read out what you want to see...taking two busa`s out and running them will give a much better idea of what works and doesn`t ...much better than charts and graphs made by a manufactor. Hope this doesn`t step on any toes but just my take on pipes from 20 years experience. By the way I have yosh and micron...if its proved to me something is better I will get it!!!

jeff, the pw2 is not for hp gain..it help's you dial the bike's setting's in better...tweak them out...you don't need one of these for stock pipe's.....bob, can give you alot of good imput on the pw2's & micron's...he's the man when it comes to these on a stock busa.....frank

D&D USED MY BUDDIES BIKE TO DESIGN A TWO INTO FOUR SYSTEM. I WAS GOING TO BUY YOSH UNTIL I HEARD HIS NEW PIPES TODAY. AWESOME!!!!! SOUNDS LIKE IT SHOULD SOUND FROM THE FACTORY. HE SAID 13 HORSEPOWER GAIN FROM STOCK. I KNOW IT IS VERY FAST. I PLOPPED DOWN MY $1000. TODAY.

Great, no nonsense answers! Way better than the crap I get from dealers and vendors, Thanks!

So tell me about the different flavors of pipes. Why would I want steel over carbon fiber; or titanium over aluminum. Is it just looks? Horsepower? Quality? Cost? weight? all the above?

You mention "tweak" with the PCII? My throttle response seems ok ... for a rookie sport bike driver that is. Would adding a PCII make the bike feel more torquey like the
TL1000 I have? I kind of like the smooth feel as the power pours (and it does pour) on.

I may jump on the waiting list for those $1000 pipes. 13hp is significant!

Jeff, remember what I said about graphs and charts and who published them. Real times at the strip or side by side on the street will be what decides who has the best pipes. The 4 into 2 pipe is still the best for HP...just depends on your personal preferences. I like the 4 into 1 myself. Definetly stainless and now since finding out that you cannot take packing or baffle out of carbon can...I like the aluminum can better.

nothing like a polished aluminum can.. or even a chromed one for that matter..jeff, a 4 into a 2 is a midrange pipe. and the stock busa likes this.. because of the way suzuki set the inside of the motor up..when you start adding hp to the motor then it's a good ideal to think about a 4 into 1. the motor will need to exhale more then.....frank

If you are getting ready to buy a pipe...wait a day or two...I`ve got some interesting news as to the fit,finish and running of the yosh and micron...I think you will be suprised!! Once again what I heard or was told was not what I got!

Back