power commander questions...

scooterlord

Registered
i read many topics in here considering the power commander but couldn't find what i needed, so excuse me if its a double post.

what's the difference between a pcIIIr and a pcIII usb?

i think i read somewhere that you have to pay to get the pc mapped. however, i thought that you just download and install the map.

i have a pair of yoshi's rs-3 and a k&n air filter. do i get a map specifically for these two parts? after i get a map, do i also have to re-tune it?

sorry again, if this is a double post, but i want to gain power with the bus and pc is the most affordable way i can see (full exhaust system NOT an option, i like the ones i have-soundwise, designwise)

the differance is the R you can change timing and maps every 500 rpms

the usb maps every 250 rpms no timing
in the USA the R is 310 the usb is 280 so it comes down to do you want timing or not. in other worrd find out the proces there and see what cost less

I have a PCII and roughly the exact same setup as you have... yosh full race exhaust, K&N, -1 front.

I used the yosh map (thinks its 009) that had the yosh cams in it. I then leaned out the mixture step by step using the fine tuning adjustment buttons on the power commander. Went 1 lean on low, 2 lean on mid, 1 lean on high. It made a big difference... (I was using the yosh duplex exhaust map prior and it ran like poop compared to what I am getting out of it now. I now get gas mileage in the 40s and not the low 30s.

I am also at 5000 feet, so I may have leaned it out a little more then what you need. You can tell you are running rich when you are running rich because you can smell the gas occassionally when riding. The bike also gives a massive jerks when shifting when it was rich. As I gradually leaned out the mixture, the bike got better and better...

have fun... ;)

Cloud

sorry cheese. I wasn't positive that the maps would work or not, that is why I specified that I had a PCII. I am sure they have roughly the same maps though except with timing added?

You can still tune them the same way.

hm, so, from what you guys said, the bike has to be turned on and connected to the pc while mapping right?

someone mentioned that the 'r' can change timings every 500 rpms and the other what cannot change timings...
which of the two is better after all?

anyone that bothers to explain thoroughly? can't make anything out of the powercommander site :/

sorry cheese. I wasn't positive that the maps would work or not, that is why I specified that I had a PCII. I am sure they have roughly the same maps though except with timing added?

You can still tune them the same way.
nope they do not masp the same either (you still need a computer) but how it does it is not even close to the same.

On the question I did answer it. they are the same with the only differanece is one does timming ®and one does not. and the usb maps every 250 rpms and the r does not.what so hard to understand?

Back