Question about Power Commander

04Duramax

Registered
Yes I know this is probably going to sound completely dumb... so I am ready for it... but here goes, I bought a PC-V from a friend of mine and it came with pretty much everything BUT instructions LOL. I have the CD-ROM and all and I downloaded one of thier "canned" maps for now until I can get it tuned locally. Well I downloaded the map onto my PC and then went to "SEND" it to the PC-V but it will not go. My thinking is that it's because it is not plugged into the bike yet. I just have it running off my USB port.. do I have to have the PC-V installed on my bike before I can start downloading maps to it or should it just work while plugged into my PC. Thanks for any help out there!

when I loaded a canned map: d/l map to laptop, connect laptop to PC (stayed on bike), then load.

So your PC was already installed on your bike then? Yeah that's where I thought I was going wrong with this. Thanks for the help!

So your PC was already installed on your bike then? Yeah that's where I thought I was going wrong with this. Thanks for the help!

YES, bought the bike with PC 5 already on it. Did not want to muck around removing it so just dragged the laptop next to the bike. Best of luck.
P.S. Have you tried contacting Tech Support of Dynojet directly? I had to call them to check on the BEST canned map I can use for my set up and they were very easy to get a hold of, patient and helpful.

Nope haven't tried that yet.. was planning on giving them a ring this afternoon. Thanks for all of the help again!

My PC came with the map downloaded for my pipe :dunno: I assumed you could download a map to it without it being installed :dunno:

I bought mine used and before installing in it on the bike I just plugged it to my desktop and installed one of their canned maps on mine. :dunno:

Well I called PC and they informed me that the reason why its not working is because mine needs a software and firm ware update. After that it should be good to go.. guess I should get on top of this LOL. Thanks for all of the help from here though

Back