Power Commander Map Install.

kazukiman

Registered
I purchased a 2000 Hayabusa last year, the bike was in stock condition. There was one mod that was added by the previous owner, it had an older powercommander II. I recently purchased some new DandD slip-on mufflers and want to remap the existing commander. There's a map for that specific DandD setup. I installed a map "years ago, on my 00 Tl1000R, but I can't remember the way to do it. Does the bike have to be running, to upload a map? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Tom

I always do the Busa with it running. With the PCIII Usb you can use the supplied 9v battery adapter.

If you don't have the 9v adapter (I don't, so this is how I do it), start the bike, have it running. Load the 'Zero Map' in the power commander software first and send it to the PC. Once the Zero Map has been sent, load the new map you want to load, then send it to the PC.

(cougar694u @ May 11 2007,08
super.gif
) If you don't have the 9v adapter (I don't, so this is how I do it), start the bike, have it running.  Load the 'Zero Map' in the power commander software first and send it to the PC.  Once the Zero Map has been sent, load the new map you want to load, then send it to the PC.
No need to load up the zero map first. Ive played with maps the past few times out at the track and have no issues just sending new maps directly over the existing map.
This does not mean that the software does not extract it first then upload the new map. But Ive never loaded in a zero map first and Its been fine.
But I'm am running a PC3 usb

Jason

I did the same thing. Next thing I knew, I was pushing 18:1 AFR, and my bike kept dying on me. DynoJet recommended a 'reset' and loading the zero map. It only takes a few extra seconds to load a zero map, and I've had no problems since.

Back