powdercoating rear sprocket

Vortex makes BLACK PTFE spockets that are low friction and seem to hold up well. Just try one of them

Don

You can powdercoat all but the teeth of sprocket. You wouldn't want the powdercoat build up in your chain. Mine has held up well.

Those black vortex sprockets are cool as hell. I have them on all my bikes! First class! They don't have them listed on their site for the 08 busa. You'll have to go to the GSXR1000 sprocket to order.

I think they are hardcoat anodized...
Anodized?  
rock.gif

This suggests they are not made from steel, then, correct?  

Me no likely aluminum rear sprockets.... just a personal preference.... 
thumb_down.gif

The Vortex in question are hardcoat anodized aluminum. They hold up very well as long as the chain is kept in good shape. Run them with a worn chain and the won't last long.

I have powdercoated a few, and even the girls 05 1K with a wet black, any kind of finish will eventually wear off, but when doing it black, you cant tell. the grease covers the teeth. Duraguard, makes a tough paint for weapons thats hangs in there with the abuse, but all coatings, eventually wear off

Yes you can powder coat the sprocket. I've done a few as well, once coated, I sanded down the teeth area to keep it from gumming up the chain rollers.

I also get black steel, or anodized AL sprockets in colors, like Greg posted above.

Back