Possible issue with my K8 gold rims paint

xedus3

Registered
Noticed today my rear rim seems to be discolored (gold color) not the entire rim just a portion . Anyone have any paint issues with there K8 rims.

You have wash the rims with what? There are produts when they stay in the rim very long do that, usualy when we finish washing, and stays a little until on the edge until dry.

I use a car wash soap nothing special, but I did try the pledge recently which worked well. I'm hoping the pledge didn't cause the issue. I searched the forum for people using pledge, no one seems to have had an issue with using pledge to clean rims.

Only thing I use to clean the entire bike. Awesome stuff too

attachment.php?attachmentid=26457&stc=1&d=1266938340.jpg

I used to use that religiously. Have you tried Pledge?
I'm a convert.. Pledge makes her shine like Honda polish NEVER could.. :beerchug:

I might have to try the Pledge. I use the Honda Polish now, but the stuff cost almost $10 a can. I'm always cleaning my bikes (after every ride) and I can go through a can pretty fast. I'll have to see how expensive the Pledge is and if it's cheaper I'll go that route.

I might have to try the Pledge. I use the Honda Polish now, but the stuff cost almost $10 a can. I'm always cleaning my bikes (after every ride) and I can go through a can pretty fast. I'll have to see how expensive the Pledge is and if it's cheaper I'll go that route.

I was the same way. I was very sceptical about the pledge thing, but I recently tried it and I dont think I will be buying my Honda spray anymore. Plus they sale name brand pledge at Big Lots for like $3
Posted via Mobile Device

With Pledge you need to have 2 micro fiber cloths though. One for initial application and one to come back and wipe off/polish any excess on the bike.

Back