poping sound

hangman1300

Registered
i just got a 00 blue busa.( 2 days ago) and the rain gods have blessed seattle with no rain. i have over 600 miles on it and i hear a loud pop after a while when i shut it off. the outside air is about 35deg. and the bike has been sitting for about 3 minute. its not the exhaust it sounds more like plastic ? and it just does it once. anyone else hear this, could it be the heat from the motor warming up the fairing and expanding?
p.s. this thing is un------- real! fast does not begin to describe it.and 50.6mpg!!!

Take your Fairing off & change your oil & filter.(you should be doing that anyway!)

It's probably just as you said?(motor heat)

hangman, I hate to point this out..............but if your getting 50 + miles to the gallon you aint drivin fast. Come to vegas and let me show you how to get 30 miles to the gallon...............

??? sounds strange...I have a 7 day old blue busa with no problems, air temp is around 30 degrees here also (North Dakota).

QUESTION..how are you getting 50MPG, my best tank has been only 30 MPG.
Trist that grip a little more until you see that MPG gauge drop..hang on and watch out for that ice.

Hope you solve your problem...

popping was left lower fairing. i posted the question while the oil was draining. the dealer said baby it so now with 1100+ miles the mpg is in the mid 30

Hayaboose: The pressure from the tank would make a "whine" noise.. kinda like after you ride it hard and it's crying.. hehe my busa don't do that! However my brothers FJ1200 whines FOREVER!! hehe suck...

...Loud POP is never a good thing!! Hope you fixed it!

Stu: I live like 2 hours north of you, Winnipeg, Manitoba... Maybe we'll hook up one day... Jun9-11 we are driving down to Elkhart Lake, WI..maybe you can join us for a blast to duluth or something...

Hey! Yeah, my 00 busa with 1100 miles on it just started to make the popping sound after being shut off a few minutes. It sounded like it came from the right side. I live in San Diego and it was 65 degrees or so when it did it.. its done it a couple times.. And is there anything to fix the whining noise? Mine doesnt do it, but my buddies 99 gsxr750 does it and its really annoying..

...maybe go with a larger diameter breather hose on the bottom of the tank...

...or don't ride the bike so hard, then it won't whine! lol...

i have been by komo tv a few times but never parked. i nolonger have to go down town seattle i got transferd to everett. its nice not having a 130 mile round trip from home to work. i live on camano island.

Back