Pool players??

Dozerdriver

Registered
Just wondering who on here is a pool player. I have been playing for years, league and tournaments and my Busa has caused my game to go down hill :whistle: I am glad the weather is so bad I can't ride. Now maybe I can get my game back. :laugh:

I play a little bit. growing up I played on my dads 8ft table. Bar tables and enviroment tend to lose my interest. But still fun to me as long as were not playing for money, which I won't do anymore.
Posted via Mobile Device

Use to play for hours a day every day. Its been over a year since I have picked up a stick tho. Would love to get back to where I was, but between life, family, and work it makes it hard.. I shoot with a Mc Dermot using a 314 shaft, broke with a cuetech, and jumped with a bunjejump.. Man i miss them days.

Played pool most of my life until I joined the AF 22 years ago. I had a special place back home in Knoxville TN that was owned by a Mr. J. D. McDonald whom has not since passed about a year ago. This business was passed down from his dad and he had four sons which two helped with the business. They had old time brunswick tables and was vacuumed every night and brass spittoons at the end of every table and very nice sticks. When Desert Storm kicked off and we were finally allowed to make calls, I called Mr. Mac as I would call him... it was funny, you could hear the host nation operator contact the US operator and asked for the establishment and then I was saying J.D. as he was asnwering the phone and he said "Hell Kido, where are you". He was a great man! When I got home afterwards I went straight there and he was out in the parking lot picking up trash and of course he always had his flag flying and I snuck up on him and kinda pushed him. He came up quick and then just smiled and pointed to his flag and said that is for you, you little chit! Had me come in and gave me a Desert Storm Edition McDermott with an Aligator skin case which I put my black 22 oz momba break stick in with my new stick and I was a happy camper. Still got it, I'm sure I can still shoot but have not in years. Used to make good money with that stick and before... I could really shoot and always drew a crowd. It was a passion for sure. :beerchug:

Played pool most of my life until I joined the AF 22 years ago. I had a special place back home in Knoxville TN that was owned by a Mr. J. D. McDonald whom has not since passed about a year ago. This business was passed down from his dad and he had four sons which two helped with the business. They had old time brunswick tables and was vacuumed every night and brass spittoons at the end of every table and very nice sticks. When Desert Storm kicked off and we were finally allowed to make calls, I called Mr. Mac as I would call him... it was funny, you could hear the host nation operator contact the US operator and asked for the establishment and then I was saying J.D. as he was asnwering the phone and he said "Hell Kido, where are you". He was a great man! When I got home afterwards I went straight there and he was out in the parking lot picking up trash and of course he always had his flag flying and I snuck up on him and kinda pushed him. He came up quick and then just smiled and pointed to his flag and said that is for you, you little chit! Had me come in and gave me a Desert Storm Edition McDermott with an Aligator skin case which I put my black 22 oz momba break stick in with my new stick and I was a happy camper. Still got it, I'm sure I can still shoot but have not in years. Used to make good money with that stick and before... I could really shoot and always drew a crowd. It was a passion for sure. :beerchug:

Thats a nice story..:thumbsup: I have been playing since I was 19, at age 20 I lied to get into the APA pool league. Played every day for years in pool halls at bars etc... I met my wife at a pool hall 16 years ago and she learned the game to be with me. She is a strong player for a girl now...:laugh:

I'm an avid player too. Somehow someway my Meucci HOF2 grew legs and walked away during my last deployment to Kuwait. So for now I just hits a few with house cues :moon:

I grew up with a table in the house and could play a mean game early.
I used to go to The Brass Rail in Nashville with my dad and play local tournies at 10 or so.
At 12 I won my first cue a 'Moli Goosh' or something. Dont really remember the name.
I remember the Game room in Nashville havong a tourny upstairs and Willie Mosconi and Minnesota Fats came and for five bucks you could play them a game of 9 ball.
I watched M Fats break and run over ten tables of 9 ball on folks before he missed a shot or did not make one on his break. At 39 it is still clear in my head.

Have not held a cue in 10yrs

Good story yourself and congrats to you and your wife.
Thats a nice story..:thumbsup: I have been playing since I was 19, at age 20 I lied to get into the APA pool league. Played every day for years in pool halls at bars etc... I met my wife at a pool hall 16 years ago and she learned the game to be with me. She is a strong player for a girl now...:laugh:

Just wondering who on here is a pool player. I have been playing for years, league and tournaments and my Busa has caused my game to go down hill :whistle: I am glad the weather is so bad I can't ride. Now maybe I can get my game back. :laugh:

Does this include pocket type pool players also? Hahahahaha
Posted via Mobile Device

Used to play every day. Wasn't a professional or anything like that, but we had a table in the house for about 5 years. We moved out of that house into one that was too small for the table, so it had to go. Now I play very rarely at pool halls and bars.

Back