POLISHING HELP

fstAZfk

Donating Member
Registered
Why dont we have a thread which gives a run down w/ pics on the process of polishing the frame/wheels? I would really appreciate if we could get something like this posted up as a sticky or something. Oh yea... all the necessary parts and where to get them would also help.

thanks guys
scott

alright dont everybody jump at once!

From what i understand, i need some aircraft paint remover which i can purchase from autozone or advance. Is that correct?

Then i want to follow up with blue magic polish applied with a rotary tool, hopefully my dremel will work.

Above is all i know for polishing the rims. Does the same apply to the frame?

Oh yea.. and with the paint remover... how am i going to want to apply this stuff.. i am assuming that it is not a sort of paste, so its not going to adhere to the wheel. I assume rather that it is a liquid which is "somewhat" evaporative and is applied with a sponge or cloth of some sort. And would rubber gloves be recommended.

I am going to attempt the wheels with the bike sitting on the side stand. I dont have bike stands nor can i drop the cash to get some. So i am expecting a good weekends worth of work here.

If anybody has any other advice for the rims.... OR THE FRAME!!!!!!! please please please chime in. I did a search and came up with a few topics on the... topic... but am looking for some fresh info!

THANKS AGAIN GUYS! in advance of coarse.
Scott:cool:

if you plan on polishing all your sh*t with a dremel...you be nutz!!!!  It would take FOOOOOOOREVVVVVVVVVVER!!!!!

use a cordless or electric drill or something.

<!--EDIT|fstbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1070596126 -->

you can buy a buffing attachment at an auto store. It will be some kind of round cloth pad you put compound on.

cool thanks... so does the same process apply to the portion of the frame from the seat , down?

Back