Polishing aluminum to a chrome shine

I bet that bike is Loud.. its beautiful though... I have been contemplating doing my wheels... or painting them.. i HAVENT decided yet.. i might plasti dip them.

If you plasti-dip, only use black. The texture of it holds brake dust and dirt, the colors NEVER get clean. I had my car wheels done in white, looked good for a few days, after that, they always looked like they needed a good washing even tho I just cleaned them.

I started doing a set of wheels years ago on a '94 ZX7(was already finishing the frame and swingarm the previous owner had started). I eventually gave up and traded the wheels in for a chrome set:laugh:
Flat surfaces and small curves aren't bad, but getting into where the spokes meet the wheel was a pain.
Meanwhile trying to keep the finish looking even.
No thanks, never again.
Good luck with it.

I agree. I did this on my r6. Then quickly sent the wheels into chrome.

Polished aluminum........ NO Way No How.. Lots of work to get it to look as half as good as chrome, and the work doesnt stop the first time your done.. Buy plenty of semi chrome lots and lots of terry towels and some muscle relaxers from your doctor.

The only advantage of polished aluminum compared to chrome is, Chrome adds weight and mass. If its a street bike chrome it, if its a race bike that doesnt get that often polish it.

No matter how you polish it and how many times it will never look as good qaulity triple plate chrome job.

Back