POLICE FOUND THE BIKE

the reason there is a resistor is because there is one in the key switch, and the only way to hot wire a busa is to put the correct resistor between the correct two wires, I only know this because I did remote start on my bike awhile back a had to figure that out.

Congrats, thats awesome. And to your question there is only on click of the key to the right from the off posistion, two from the lock position. Good luck fixin her up and bolt that puppy dowm.
beerchug.gif

Since this strand includes some great info that will help us all secure our bikes, I wanted to share a witness interview I once did on a grand theft motorcycle. The motorcycle was parked in front of a Sears that was connected to an inside mall. The rider parked his bike, locked the steering and entered the store (BTW was only gone TEN minutes). The witness said a U Haul van pulled up with two males in it. One (passenger) jumped out, mounted the bike and began trying keys in the ignition(and steering lock). The driver jumped out, pulled the sliding ramp from the back of the van and by that time, suspect #1 had found the right key from his assortment, unlocked the bike....didn't start it....they both pushed it up into the van and in less than 4 minutes, were gone. The witness was great for info but lame for not getting involved (as in getting others to help him or something!). I later found out that no less than 4 dealers in the area (Kawasaki in this case) had missing keys from their service departments....think about how UN attended some serviceboards with hanging keys are in dealerships or how many keys stay in the bikes. That was a few years ago, I don't know how many bikes one key would fit in 2007. One more thing, we learned that the motorcyclist had just visited a motorcycle shop before Sears, indicating the suspects laid in wait at the shop and followed the victim to Sears. Just some thoughts to hopefully enhance our ability to protect our scooters.....Raydog

I forgot an important item....ONE YEAR later the victim saw his swingarm(his own distinctive welding) now chromed on a bike at a big "bike nite" at a cafe in LA. By the time a police unit arrived, the suspect had left....no lic. plate!

(needlepimp @ Aug. 26 2007,19:56) the reason there is a resistor is because there is one in the key switch, and the only way to hot wire a busa is to put the correct resistor between the correct two wires, I only know this because I did remote start on my bike awhile back a had to figure that out.
Then these guys obviously knew what they were doin. They only had three wires stripped, the red one which is hot, and two others. If I put any of them with the red one it gets hot, but thats the only way I can get the lights to come on. You can see smoke or one of the threads of the wires glow. I can't even get the key to the off position, real close though. I was finally able to turn it the other way to the lock position. I think they pryed around too much in there which is why they hot wired it. Im working on turning the bike upside down and shaking the stuff out of the ignition, but its too heavy. I found some ignitions on ebay for less then 100, but i remember I had to drill it off since I was polishing that one at the time. Im more worried about burning something up if I keep playing around.

Does anyone know if I should connect those three wires, or if there is a pattern. Im still smiling about this, I need to stop dancing around like Carlton.
thanks
IF you don't want to put the info up, call me at 214-448-7811

I will be at the TX Busa Bash this coming weekend. Let me know if I can help you with it there. I will also bring several Phantom Tracking Systems with me in cae anyone wants the install & calibration done on site.

I will be at the TX Busa Bash this coming weekend. Let me know if I can help you with it there. I will also bring several Phantom Tracking Systems with me in cae anyone wants the install & calibration done on site.

Back