plus 1" rear links

Revolution

revolution custom paint
Donating Member
Registered
i purchased a set of soupy's adjustable rear links and have yet to put them on...undecided.

if you ave the +1" on yours, are you happy with the choice?

just looking for feedback to help me decide if i should put mine on.

I have em on mine. Im not happy with em. Im taking em off and going back to stock. Ima big dude and Im ending up with a lot of weight on my arms....its driving me numb. I do like the jacked up butt look but its tougher to drive. And it understeers like mad.
rant.gif

(BIGSMOOTHH @ Sep. 30 2007,00:09) I have em on mine.  Im not happy with em.  Im taking em off and going back to stock.  Ima big dude and Im ending up with a lot of weight on my arms....its driving me numb.  I do like the jacked up butt look but its tougher to drive.  And it understeers like mad.  
rant.gif
I added bar risers to even things out. Mine rides great.

+1" like'em, bought 1/2" just in case..............haven't changed anything.  Very responsive !!!!

After I got used to the +1" I feel more aggressively in control when I need to do the fighter-pilot thing in heavy traffic at speed.  
super.gif
  No issues at 150+......

Talk to GMBusa......what a value.........

understeer ? I thought that's why people did this mod ? Man, is there no hope for me ? me before when I asked about my bike wanting to stand up in turns I was going to post up, and ask about this the other day.

My bike seems like it wants to fight me in the turns, will a flat wheel (rear has flat spot from all highway miles) make that much differance ?

Absolutely love mine. Love the way it handles now, etc. etc.

If you're a big guy, however, you may need to revamp the springs in your suspension. Certainly, you have to adjust it if you raise it up.

--Wag--

Okay.....but please define "revamp" the springs in my suspension. Replace them with stiffer ones?

Mine is now 1 3/10" higher than front due to 190/55 rear tire, and it is absolutely GREAT when turning the bike. Now a stock bike feels like I'm wrestling it around, and feels like I'm sitting back on a couch leaned back, it actually feels like the bike is pitched UP in front now to sit on a stock bike.
rock.gif

It does put more weight on hands & wrists, might wind up with a new bar arrangement myself.

"big" as in you "gigantian's" on here no
laugh.gif
i'm 6'2 and 220lbs.

i did the "Jinkster suspension settings" and the bike handles great. it could use quicker turn in and i know these +1 rear links will help. my bud who's an ex track racer says if i want to turn in quicker use more counter steering! i also like the look of the rear tire exposed so i purchased the links slightly used from Gixerhp here on the org.

i've heard about the issue with more weight on the wrist. i do work out regularly and use my legs and stomach muscles to keep me up most of the time. it is a concern as i sometimes forget and get sloppy in my riding posture. this was the main reason for posting this thread, wrist fatigue from a more angled ride.

i have the Soupie [Soupy?] adjustable +1 links.

love them mine are up apx 1 3/4" a friend made them for me.
i switched back for a day to check the feel and
wow.gif
i did not like stock anymore.
the + links with a tobin and 1.5"rise on the bars and all is good
super.gif

I love mine +1" links, makes the bike "feel" lighter
beerchug.gif

It does put more weight on your wrists IF you don't compensate by using your back to hold your upper body up. I've retrained my body and have absolutely no weight on my wrists anymore. I strive to have very light hands while riding
wink.gif

(BIGSMOOTHH @ Sep. 29 2007,22:09) And it understeers like mad.  
Are you sure??

In my opinion, stock understeers and +1" is neutral.

If anything, +1" causes the bike to oversteer.

qp.gif

I could never go back to stock after running the +1 this year! The lighter more responsive steering is well worth it to me. I never noticed any additional weight on my wrists but then I already had Bar risers. I try to keep all (or as much of) my weight off my hands while riding if at all possible.
beerchug.gif

+1 rocks! This is the way the bike should have been, stock. Lamb is 205# and needed the main springs in the front shocks to be .95's instead of the stock .85's. Try Racetech's website and you can put your weight in and get you a starting point of what you should be running in the front. Keep in mind that the gsxr 1000's have .95 springs in the front. It really does make an amazing difference.

+1 all the way, made a world of a difference making the bike more nimble (if that's possible). No problem with weight on the arms, just need to use those other muscles.... 6' 2" and 225lbs...

Back