Please Pay Attention!!

Nada. Small town, very small. Motorcyclists are aliens from another planet, and I must say, sometimes I act like it. But, then again, it's hard for me to tell whose stranger....

It's just very sad. Being educated about ownership of anything; bikes, cars, boats, guns, anything, should include instructions on how to respect and honor others with what you own. One of the things buggin' me is...

I know I'm guilty, too...
I been riding for over twenty years, and last year almost hit a guy on a bike by turning left directly in front of him. I looked, always do, but I didn't see him until it was too late. Thankfully he was paying attention and avoided me, but I would have killed him if he had been speeding or not concentrating. It was COMPLETELY my fault, and I still can't believe I did it. I go out of my way to take care of fellow riders when I'm driving, I don't know how I didn't see him.
My point is, it happens, and even those of us who know better still do it sometimes.
A terrible thing for all involved.

It can drive me crazy when I attempt to understand why some people can eat twinkies, smoke, drink and live to 80 and other who lives can be, what seems to me cut short. Perhaps only the creator of live is privileged to this knowledge.
Sorry to hear the bad news.

I'm really sorry to hear about this. What an unfortunate event. RIP Chris

I'm really sorry to hear about this. What an unfortunate event. RIP Chris

This happened the day after we got back from picking up my sons bike in your area, Daniel.

Right after we helped load Chris's bike into the back of his brother's pickup, I went to my son's work place and took in my arms and told him,"This is a good example of it's not always you or the bike, you have to watch out for others, too!".

Last night when Trent, my son, got home from class he gives me the rest of the story. A couple of guys from his class witnessed this incident. It seems Chris had just come out of a wheelie and was hitting the throttle pretty hard when the truck pulled out in front of him. Trent's comment was,"This wasn't an accident, Dad. Chris basically killed himself riding without respect to where he was." Then he proceeds to take me to some YouTube videos where a 1000 and a Ducati are carving through the twisties, knee draggin' through traffic, passing on blind corners, etc. No wonder bikers get a bad rap.

I've got really mixed emotions on this whole thing. No matter who, where, etc. it's a stinking tragedy that could have been avoided. But, then again, these are the possible results of finding our limitations, the process of which feeds the beast within....:werd:

Sad news, prayers sent.

Its hard to read this kind of story today, as I just learned yesterday of a friend (Joey Easterling) that used to work with us here a few years ago, that was killed Saturday on his motorcycle. Very tragic thing is, he was on his way back from picking the motorcycle up from the dealer, and his wife and child were following him in the vehicle when it happened. I still can't clear my head and my heart from this... very heavy right now.

Let's keep Chris' family, and Joey Easterling's family in our prayers.

Scott

Back