Please help

Bobbyblaze

Registered
I took off my front sprocket cover on my 08, and i had to take of the clutch cylinder, and now that everything is back together I been bleeding the clutch with a big syringe with a long tube. But we have been doing this for a while and the clutch has absolutely no play, it just feels loose no matter what we do. How much air can really be in the line or did i put something together wrong please help..
thanx

Hey Bro,
I've never used a syringe to bleed hydraulics. Doesn't seem to me like it would have enough volume. I've always used a hand activated vaccume pump. You can get one a Auto Zone for cheap. The kit comes with plastic fittings that snap on the bleed valve and an in line catch container to catch excess fluid. Fill the resivoir with fluid, pull a hard vaccume on the bleed valve, then crack it open to suck the air out. Keep the resivoir full or you will just suck more air into the system. Tighten the bleed valve and repeat the process till you get lever.

Another way is to fill the resivoir and gently pump the lever to back the air out. This takes alot longer. Usually I do both.
smile.gif

The syringe is the only thing that was laying around that i thought might work. So your saying i need a strong vacuum to get all the air out? what i am doing is just wasting time? and yes i always kept the reservoir full. and i guess we wernt gently pulling the lever ether, we were just pulling it. will there be absolutely no drag on the clutch till all the air is out?

If you learned something, it wasn't a waste of time. There will be no drag til the bubbles ore out. You don't have to pull a whole stroke. Just a half stroke and watch for bubbles. All you're doing is backing the air back up through the line and out the top. Like I said, it takes a long time. Not the prefered method, but will work on the side of the road.

You can buy a small hand pump for $20 and be finished in 10 minutes. How much is your time worth?

Best of luck.

Back