Please HELP bike won’t start

Jmitch1915

Registered
So I have an 06 and I cannot get it to start for nothing ... I turn the key to on, it’s in neutral, all fuses are good, all connections are good, the fuel pump primes, gauges all check good, lights all on, horn works, blinkers work, so I press the starter button and nothing !!! No whine no clicks nothing, the neutral light dims just a little when the starter button is pressed showing power is being distributed to the starter but nothing is happening... I’m a complete noob when it comes to this so please any step by step info would be greatly appreciated.... small background info it started last night fine and I transported it in the back of my truck for about 150 miles and it wasn’t too bumpy of a ride mostly smooth highway I am about to try to look for the tip over sensor to see if that may be an issue

If the neutral light dimmed a little when pressing starter button, I'd be checking voltage/current at starter cable connection, on the starter motor.
Or, the terminals at the starter relay. Could well be a starter relay fault, or even just a poor battery charge state, check by hooking up jump leads from a known good battery with 12.5 volts or more.
It may even be a bad starter motor, just gotta go through the checks systematically.

If the fuel pump primed the kill switch is in the correct position. I would check clutch, and also tip over as sometimes a truck ride will be enough to make it mad.

If the neutral light dimmed a little when pressing starter button, I'd be checking voltage/current at starter cable connection, on the starter motor.
Or, the terminals at the starter relay. Could well be a starter relay fault, or even just a poor battery charge state, check by hooking up jump leads from a known good battery with 12.5 volts or more.
It may even be a bad starter motor, just gotta go through the checks systematically.

So i checked tip over then slapped myself in the face because I pulled the clutch to start it even though it’s in neutral and boom started right up!

First of all-welcome to the forum.

What does the battery test at?
Are the battery connections clean and tight?
I have found these bikes are finicky when it comes to batteries.

Thank you for the welcome and yes I checked terminals and completely tight it’s on a brand new battery So i slapped myself in the face because I pulled the clutch to start it even though it’s in neutral and boom started right up!

So i checked tip over then slapped myself in the face because I pulled the clutch to start it even though it’s in neutral and boom started right up!

Sometimes it is the simplest things, glad this time it was...

All Suzukis need the clutch pulled in to start even in neutral.

Glad you figured it out, glad it was a free fix, and glad you came back to tell us.
Hang out here for a while, you'll learn a lot.
And don't think for a second that you're the only one who didn't pull the clutch in or hit the run switch.

LOL judging by your responses and the slapping you should be in a coma about now :) Good to have you around man!

LOL judging by your responses and the slapping you should be in a coma about now :) Good to have you around man!

Thank you yeah I had to slap every time lol I hadn’t been on my bandit in months and I don’t remember having to pull the clutch to start it

Glad you figured it out, glad it was a free fix, and glad you came back to tell us.
Hang out here for a while, you'll learn a lot.
And don't think for a second that you're the only one who didn't pull the clutch in or hit the run switch.

Right I’m here for the long haul I have my dream bike now thank you for being there to assist

Sometimes it is the simplest things, glad this time it was...

All Suzukis need the clutch pulled in to start even in neutral.

Right I’m so glad it was simple it was a huge sigh of relief my only thing is I don’t remember having to do my bandit that way but I also haven’t been on it in months I think I was just two anxious to get back on two wheels

Back