Please educate me about brake pads

Super Trucker

Donating Member
Registered
I think that when I replace my tires next week, I will also replace the stock brake pads ( 3800 miles ). I have been looking at the Galfer brand, but do not know which one to use. I want better stopping than the stock, but don't want to replace them to often either. Which is better? The HH says "This new compound is also easier on the rotors than most other sintered metallic compound brake pads." Does that mean it will eat up your rotars, just not as fast. I don't take the bike to the track, but I do ride somewhat hard in the city though. Should I get the Semi-Metallic and be happy or is the HH better? Galfer Site Thanks for the help.

ebc hh

I got 30,000 + on my stock front brake pads. 3800 miles
rock.gif
Are they wore out or are you just replacing them?

I switched to the Galfer sintered metallic pads on my ATV (686cc 12:1 , 5 valve, dual carbs) dont laugh, I use it for desert racing and it weighs 400 lbs without me on it. Anyway it has burnt through the stock pads 2 times and I had to replace the rotors. After the new pads, it seems to grab better and is holding up very well. I use the front brakes constantly and throw in all the dirt and dust that it lives in and I bet I am harder on them than a busa ever would be. Granted It wont go much over 80mph so I rarely need to haul it down from a high speed with the fronts, but the harsh environment kills pads fast.

So in my opinion I would go with the sintered metallic, you'll be happy.

I was looking at a few different sites that sell galfer, and I do not see a part number for the HH pads for the rear. Am I missing something or do they not make them? EBC has both front and back, but they are a little more expensive.

You need to change the lines as well. The pads will make a little difference but if your braking as hard as you say then you will still get brake fade because of the OEM lines. I would recommend going to braided brake lines w/ HH pads. You will go faster when you know you can stop!!

Ride safe

Marc

EBC HH Pads, I'd do front only with em' they provide excellent grip, maybe just a little TOO grippy for the read IMHO. I love the feel that Stainless lines and EBC HH pads gave me. Feels like I pulled the brakes off of a GSXR1000.
thumbs-up.gif

I just put EBC HH pads on mine this weekend... WHOA!! stock lines but these pads ROCK!!!! I only use 2 fingers when braking and now it feels like that is TO MUCH!!
wow.gif

Back