Please be careful out there

Don Hardcastle

Busa Ridin' Sailor (ret)
Donating Member
Registered
I have been a board member here since 2004 sometime. Longer than some not near as long as others.

Every year that I have been on here, in the spring there is a rash of folks going down.

These bikes are incredible and over the winter we forget what a flick of the wrist can do. The first couple of times out, be careful, relearn the respect that you had for the beast when you put her away last fall.

Don

+1 and realize if you haven't ridden in several months that your skill level is not where it was after a summer of riding...please, get back in slowly and save yourself some skin or maybe even your life
beerchug.gif

I have been a board member here since 2004 sometime.  Longer than some not near as long as others.  

Every year that I have been on here, in the spring there is a rash of folks going down.

These bikes are incredible and over the winter we forget what a flick of the wrist can do.  The first couple of times out, be careful, relearn the respect that you had for the beast when you put her away last fall.

Don
thumb_up.gif
thumb_up.gif
thumb_up.gif

thumb_up.gif

thumb_up.gif

To add to this, lets say for argument sake you are on top of your game.

Mountain roads are probably still full of wash down rocks, pebbles and other debris left over from rains and snow and lack of roads being traveled.

Usually takes a few months after the weather gets better for roads to be traveled more and for cars and trucks to pick the rocks up with their tires. So be watchful on corners

I don't care how good of a rider you are, if you are in a full lean around a turn and hit sand or gravel you are more than likely going to go down

Ride the road first!!! Look for problems, before you take off!!! Ride it a few times before you pick up the pace!!!!

Also remember that CAGERS have gotten out of the practice of looking for us (For those of you who live in colder climates).

Ride with your high beams on. Make sure they know you are there. DEFENSIVE DRIVING... it's not always the most fun, but it'll get you home alive most of the time.

The main thing i tell people when they say there is no way i could ride on one of those, its to fast. Yes its very fast but you have to respect it, it can be your friend and your enemy at the twist of the throttle if your not ready. Just be careful out the guys/gals. Jules and I have a fellow Busa Brother that went down this morning and is not doing well and it just kills me to hear about friends going down, some making it and some not. Just watch what your doing because we all know the cagers are not watching out for us.

Plus watch out for new growth. some roads in my area are not traveled very often and the branches tend to grow into some of the roads. We also have alot of cherry trees here. You don't want to hit a bunch of cherries or berries in a corner.

Be safe and look out.

Back