Pitbull Trailer restraint (WHO uses them)

riccoh

Registered
SO I just move to San Diego from Hawaii a few months back and will be moving to Pennsylvania this summer. I just got a nice
little 5X8 haul mark enclosed trailer and started building it. So far I have redone the entire electrical, walls, flooring, roof and put on electric brakes, also added a HF wheel chock that looks like the condor, simply because I'm waiting for the Pitbull trailer restraint system to arrive.
any experiences with the Pitbull TRS that I should be aware while installing it? I'm just a bit concerned that the bolts only require 8ft/lbs to secure the whole bike in place.
Yes I could have bought a new bigger trailer for the money I have put into this 2002 but it was more of a challenge to get everything the way I wanted so I rather go this route, and since I will be leaving the trailer and bike in FL this just fits perfectly in my garage...

I have not used the pit bull system but have never heard anything at all bad about it. If I were to buy one no question that is the route I would take.

I've towed thousands of miles using them. Buy it, install it, and forget it. It's built to last.

Seriously, I've towed my track bikes around for the last 4 years from New Orleans to Virginia. They just have the Pit Bull TRS holding them and that's it. It's the last trailer mount you'll ever need.

yhanks for the inputs, i cant wait till it arrives. i sure dont want to strap the front for a 3400 miles trip

image.jpg

image.jpg

i did painted the fenders black after a hell of a cleaning and now with the sprayguns ready to add color to the outside and then rims offcourse just to kinda mach my denali

i was actually thinking of adding the colors of the 12 busa graphics without the busa symbol. amd still have to add contrasting color in the interior as plane white is just to blend for me and my 5 year daugther... and she is requesting some pink and baby blue for the interior

Thanks for the images - now I can visualize it better. :laugh:
Nice job. Be sure to post images with the bike in the trailer with the new Pitbull.

How much does that trailer weigh? What are you going to pull it with?

Wow HI to CA to PA to FL you get around.

Thanks for the images - now I can visualize it better. :laugh:
Nice job. Be sure to post images with the bike in the trailer with the new Pitbull.

How much does that trailer weigh? What are you going to pull it with?

Wow HI to CA to PA to FL you get around.

yes sir, i do now. i was station in hawaii for ten years and been trying to get to the east coast for my retirement and even if that means a job in the cold in pa. i do enjoy the year round cali weather and riding in the 30's is just as bad as riddng in the 90's in hawaii.
i will be pulling this little trailer with a 07 envoy denaly with the 5.3 v8 with a full towing package so that wont be a problem. the trailer only weights in at 880 lbs with all the extras added. and will barely reach 2k after rims, bike and bike gear ill be pulling.
i think the last thing i will be addind (if i have the time before i move) will be to airbag the suspension to match the suspension on the denali and control the ride hight for freeway use....lol

well the pitbull stand is here, i was actually surprised on how heavy that thing is, i know just need to figure out were to hang that bungee cord as the plate holder is just too flimpzy, imstallating was a breazy since i have he hf wheel chock to keep the bike upright while i was installing the TRS. pics to follow

this is just the perfect size not only for the busa but for my garage when i get home. the shelf is quite sturdy for putting in a few jackets, boots and gloves, now just need to add some helmets storage and the interior is pretty much done. and im glad i replaced the flooring and cleaned and painted the frame because now all its left is some color outside and wheels offcourse...

Frankly, with the rear device, you don't need a front stand, up to when you hang your trailer upside down...the front isn't going anywhere....

Frankly, with the rear device, you don't need a front stand, up to when you hang your trailer upside down...the front isn't going anywhere....

Nope, don't need it at all. Actually it makes it even more difficult to get everything lined up, you'd think the opposite, but it isn't true. Although when that baby gets locked in, it's not going ANYWHERE lol. I'm not even sure about upside down. :rofl:

with the front free, the bike would hang from the trailer by the rear axle...I think the wood would fail before the stand did...

its actually pretty easy to line up and load yhe bike on both the front and rear restraint. just a piece of mind since i will be pulling the bike quite a few times once i get home (fl) and up to were i will be working (pa) during summer months

Back