Pirelli Scam

Pirelli e-mailed me my coupon today, I filled in what kinda bike but not tire size then the next screen says this :

Thank you for registering!
Now print out your coupon and fill out the ship to address so that Pirelli can send you your free front (120/70-17) tire along with your credit card information to cover shipping.
You will be charged $20 for tire shipment.
Attach the original receipt for your standard Diablo rear tire to your coupon and mail them in to the address given.
Upon receipt of your letter with the correct paperwork and enclosed payment, Pirelli will ship you your free front tire within 2 to 3 weeks!

So far so good...

Did the same thing, cept registration part, put tire make and sizes. Inlcuded the GVW ratings. Maybe they'll get the hint.
If the sent the (54W) will likely use it on other bike, get a rear tire for it and a (58W) front for the busa.
Then there is Ebay along with others
biggrin.gif
Minimum bid for $20.

why cant u sell the front tire if its the wrong one and with the money buy on that fits

i asked if the diablo for the hayabusa was eligible and this is there reply

Yes but the free front is a standard diablo front and not the p spec for the
hayabusa
Thank you for your interest in our company and products.
Best Regards.

Customer Service
Pirelli MOTO

i asked if the diablo for the hayabusa was eligible and this is there reply

Yes but the free front is a standard diablo front and not the p spec for the
hayabusa
Thank you for your interest in our company and products.
Best Regards.

Customer Service
Pirelli MOTO
Whats the diff? Only P spec will fit or ? ? ? I am waiting for my front tire to be delivered.

The "p-spec" is the one they make that is weight and speed rated for the Hayabusa specifically.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm it's been 3 weeks and still no front tire has shown up...
rock.gif

Working in the industry and having run standard Diablos on the Hayabusa they are a good deal. If you are doing hyper runs on your bus then it is not the tire for you. If you are running 150 and under I think you will be pleased. Great mileage and good grip. Best of luck to you all.

Working in the industry and having run standard Diablos on the Hayabusa they are a good deal.  If you are doing hyper runs on your bus then it is not the tire for you.  If you are running 150 and under I think you will be pleased.  Great mileage and good grip.  Best of luck to you all.
Say it isn't so! Man, are you still alive?
rock.gif
Haven't seen you around these here parts in a coon's age.
biggrin.gif

Brian

Working in the industry and having run standard Diablos on the Hayabusa they are a good deal.  If you are doing hyper runs on your bus then it is not the tire for you.  If you are running 150 and under I think you will be pleased.  Great mileage and good grip.  Best of luck to you all.
Thanks for the input!

Still waiting on Hawaii...

I recently received my "free" front tire from pirelli. Once I mailed pirelli the coupon with the receipt attached for the rear tire. It was about 2 weeks before I received the "free" front. I am very satisfied with the performance of the tires so far.
Blu Bu

02' blue/black chrome wheels, 2 Brothers racing slip-ons, mototeck clear signals,Pirelli Diablo front/rear

Marc, what might I expect above 150 mph? I am rarely up there ...but sometimes.

Also tire hasnt arrived yet but card was charged a week ago to "Metzeler Motorcycle"  i didnt know they were Pirelli too.

<!--EDIT|Hawaiibusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1076427589 -->

Hawaiibusa, I have put about 200 miles on my Bus since      
mounting the diablos I spent the first 50 miles are so scuffing the tires in.  Since then I have reached speeds in excess of 150mph.  The diablos seem to provide a planted, stable ride so far. To answer your next question, Pirelli and Metzler combined forces a few years ago.  Just a note Pirelli recommends running 36psi in the front diablo and 42psi in the rear for extra tire life on the street.  On the track they recommend 32 front and 42 rear.

'02 black/blue  chrome wheels, 2 brothers racing slip-ons, clear mototeck turnsignals, more mods to come!!

<!--EDIT|blu bu
Reason for Edit: None given...|1076459867 -->

Back