Pirelli Scam

mctrull

Registered
I e-mailed Pirelli about this to see if I could get one and this is their reply. If you do not believe me, I can forward you the e-mail or check for yourself.

The program states tires purchased after 1/3/04 and that you provide a sales
receipt dated after this date. The program is for standard diablo tires, where
the Hayabusa takes a special P spec tire.
Thank you for your interest in our company and products.
Best Regards.

Customer Service
Pirelli MOTO

I went onto their website because I bought one on 12/18/03 and I wanted to see if I could still qualify. Depending on where you look it tells you that, you can get one if you answer a couple of questions, you can get one if you purchase one during the certain time frame, none of them say that is only for "certain" models of the Diablo tire, also you have to be registered as a member on their website. I did that but, they did send me an e-mail telling me I cannot get one because of the time frame and that the busa tire is a "P" tire and the "P" tire does not qualify. There is not anywhere on their site that tells you that. I would be led to think that no matter what you do, you will never qualify for a free tire. Oh well, they say nothing in life is free, I guess Pirelli is just reminding us of that.
mad.gif

Playing with word standard and lists 120/70ZR17. If they mean the 120/70ZR17 (54W) is "Standard". The Busa specs call for (58W)
Load range difference 54W=467lbs 58W=520lbs. I would consider both standard. Both are Diablo and 120'sX17, cost roughly the same.
Be waiting on the coupon see what it's about. Like to see check box for 54W 55W 56W 58W to choose from.

That stinks. I don't need a tire yet but I was going to go ahead and buy one just to get the free front. I think I'll hold off now. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!
crazy.gif

We can watch our newest Guinea Pig and see what happens to him. I hope you don't mind, Hawaiibusa,no offense. It is coming down to being a "Watch and learn" scenario. You may want to register on their site to improve your odds. If you use their search and type in things like, "free tire", "Diablo Tire Promotion", you will get the different amounts of info pertaining to all of this. I hope it works out, at least for everyone (excluding myself- got mine on 12/18/03) who has bought a Diablo in hope of getting the tire free.
I would like to thank everyone at this time for their participation in this expierment and mention that no animals were harmed due to the exposure to foul business practices.
alien.gif

Ok so far i havent even recieved tire yet but thats a diff story ... Pirelli website says I have to purchase tire between 1/3/04 and 3/31/04 and i have registered online ... so far so good... here is exact wording from website :

Pirelli Tire North America is proud to introduce the “buy any rear, get a free 120/70ZR17 frontâ€￾ Diablo tire promotion. It’s simple, buy any standard rear Diablo tire from your favorite dealer, then mail the original receipt along with the coupon from our website (available 1/15/04) , and we will ship you a free front Diablo tire. Your original receipt must reflect a date from 01/03/04 - 03/31/04 to be eligible.

In order to take part in the promotion, please follow all the instructions:

Fill in the Pirelli Diablo Challenge Membership Form, if you haven’t already done it. Hit the "send" button before exiting

You will receive a username and password by email and this is needed to get the required coupon.

After you print the coupon follow these steps.
Mail Pirelli (via US Postal Service) the original dealer receipt and completed Pirelli coupon along with the shipping fees to the Pirelli address listed on the coupon. Sorry no email orders to Pirelli for the free front tire will be accepted. The shipping and handling fee is $20.00 and can only be paid by credit card. No orders will be shipped COD or sent to a P.O. box.
Upon receipt of your letter with the correct paperwork and enclosed payment, Pirelli will ship the front tire within 2 to 3 weeks.

This offer is open to standard Diablo tires only. Limit one promotion per customer & while supplies last. Diablo Corsa, Supercorsa, or any other Pirelli tire are not part of the promotion. Offer valid in United States only. Thank you.
:blush: keep yo fingers crossed bubba!

I got all kinds of things crossed so I guess the fingers can't hurt much. Good luck and I will be praying to the Rubber Tree God for your tires.

mark, tire arrived today. $123.79 plus tax, shipping & crv
total $145

...to be continued.
rock.gif

Got tire mounted & bal today, stinkin $26! no one will touch it but Honda dealer. Arrrrrrrrg! ( used to get it swaped for $5 )

details on free front tire forthcoming...

Back