pirelli diablo strata

07BUSAWANNABE

Registered
anybody ever used or have any opinions about the pirelli diablo strata's? how do they handle? and how much extra milage could i expect? thanks

Like any other tire, alot depends on riding style etc...

The Portland Police Motor Cops use them here. I talked to one of them at a gathering (his personal ride is a gixxer 1k)

Here is HIS assesment:
6-9 K miles on a set
REALLY good rain tire (Oregon - DUH we get alot of rain)
They ride rather well and he says they are a good "heavy bike" tire and good all around tire. He says they can get a bit greasy if you run them hard on the track etc because they overheat easily. He notices they overheat and get a bit slippery when he is doing his "advanced high speed pursuit training courses" at the track.

Mind you, he is a SKILLED rider and this is on his police BMW.

Bottom line: Good tire for rain and all purpose.
Not recommended for prolonged HARD riding or track use.
More mileage than typical High Perf tires like Qualifiers , PP's or Super Corsas.

thank you guys for the helpful info!!!
beerchug.gif

Thanks for the very interesting article KML, was looking for a higher mileage tire than the Pilot Powers I normally run, good link.

Another option for you is the Avon. I used to have to commute 150 a day round trip. The Avon Azaros (replaced by the Avon Storms) would give me 5000-6000 miles. Great for wet and dry weather. I am a big guy 6'2" @ 250 and I ride hard in the twisties. Never had a problem with them slipping or giving at all in the corners. No more commute, had the Corsa IIIs put on Friday.

Don

thanks for bringing up this topic...i was just looking for a longer mileage tire...i have had very good results with my Diablos and Diablo Corsas so figured i would give the Strata a chance...it was delivered yesterday and i should have it on soon...i'm hoping to get at least 7K out of it
beerchug.gif

Back