PING~PING~~~~Thepushercg

coop65sr

Donating Member
Registered
thepushercg.....what's up man....my name is Chris (coop65sr)

I won the raffle on the PCIII LCD Display...any issues with hooking it up with the PCIIIusb?
rock.gif
How did you route the harness going from it to the unit?? I have my PCIII mounted on top of the factory ECU (under the seat) and was just wondering how you routed/installed everything..

I appreciate the help...also, how do you like it???..You running different maps--changing them "on-the-fly" as it says you can??? I was thinking of trying that----having a close to stock map for cruising down the four lane commuting back and forth to work but having my custom map there for when I need to "juice" it up a few notches!!!!

Just wanted to pick ya brain a little on how you installed and your feedback on what you think of the LCD and what all you are able to do to it....I appreciate the feedback...be safe-ride hard....later, Chris

100_3971copy.jpg

my power commander is ontop of the ecm also. run the lcd wire from it beside the battery, up the frame rail on the left side. under the inner panel. around behind the lower and upper tree, then back over the top tree. ,make sure you have enough slack when turning the wheel back and forth. very easy , very fast install

changing the maps requres stopping and going threw a couple screens to the map page , you then change it there. to go on the fly you need the hub kit also which mounts a switch on the handlebars. but this way is fine.
you can set the gauges up to show the speedomoter, but without the hub it will not work nor will the gear indicator. the tach and everthing else however does work.
if the firmware in your power commander is at least 1.0.0.19 then your ok, you can update it by computer to the 1.0.0.20 from there if your firmware on the p.c. is 1.0.0.18 you will need my programer box. you can use it and send it back for free if you end up needing it.
its all plug and play on this setup if the p.commander is up to date.

there will be a little cd with the lcd. install the firmware upgrade on your computer for the p.commander loader. also install the dynojet lcd display this is how you transfer maps from the computer to the lcd. also get you a new memory card. these things will not see a card that has been used in a camera for some reason.
there cheap at wally world. i had to go and get another one just for this. you can go up to a 1gb. for a couple of maps and data logging. you can have the lcd to data log a ride and then analize it when you back home on your computer.
the display is easy on, easy off. touch screen also.

Pushercg,

Thanks so much for the help bud.... I thought it would be pretty simple- and I love the setup you got on your bike!!!
I think the painted inners are awesome man!! That really sets the bike off I think--- I want to try and do that too sometime...May have to get back with ya on your process of doing that later
super.gif
super.gif

Hey thanks DADOFTHREE!!!!! The good Lord smiled down on me and let me win something for a change!! Wahoo!!!!

God bless and be safe~ Chris

100_3951copy.jpg

super.gif

i had to update some more on the firmware today. nothing major , dynojet recomends to use 3.2.1 on your computer
and 2.1.2 on your power commander. so i upgraded.
thanks for the compliments on the bike.
inner panels are easy, just time consuming.

Back