Handlebar lifts

Kemyl

Registered
Has anyone installed handlebars available from Helibar? Would appreciate any feedback. I want to tour but keep the 'busa. Also, any input on adjusting/lowering rearsets.

My kind of guy! I bought an '01 'Busa with the INTENT of making it into a Commuting/Touring Bike. I have checked into Helibars - the only negative thing I could say is that the installation is a bit complex if you're not overly mechanically inclined - you have to remove EVERYTHING from the stock bars and put it all on the Helibars. Another alternative to consider is Genmar Bar risers - basically its a solid plate you stick under the bars. They have 2 heights - 5/8" and double that. Their only issue recommending you move the choke cable (if there isn't enough play and it binds with the riser installed) - which Helibars recommends also. I think their website is www.zianet.com/genmar (hope that's right). Currently, I'm flipping a coin, but leaning toward the Genmar. Heck, in the long run, I may put them both on!!

Good Luck!

There is another page here under modifications that covers the Helibars and Genmar risers quite well.  As I state there, I have both on my bike and love the position it puts me in.  Installation is not that difficult.  Just be careful as you do it.

Back