Pilot road 5 Weight !

c10

Registered
190/50/17 is 13 lb 7 OZ. In 180/55/17 13 lb 2 OZ

I imagine the 190/55/17 to be 2 to 4 OZ heavier than 50 series listed above.

Fyi pilot road 4's are 15 lb plus in the 190/55 and 50 series
DSC_3537.JPG

DSC_3536.JPG

I'm sorry you can't give me a Dunlop. This is on the wife's 600 bandit ( with 1200arm / wheel) Pic hwy 9 Arkansas 5/2018 I was riding while she was photo shooting

15294556295857250145034742904223.jpg

inCollage_20180602_093209933.jpg

Incorrect my friend. There are no chicken strips on the bird. FYI your Dunlop weighs too much, and psi on pilot roads are not picky. There is another video YouTube c10 push mountain aka 341 on my Fjr with pr4 with zero issues leaving darkies coming out.
I'll post a Dunlop story tonight on how they lost my business, and every friend I know.

No incorrect at all.
It was a joke, but I see chicken strips on the tire you pictured.
MY experience with many styles of the Pilots has always been bad, ME, what I think of them.

Last edited:
Love my PR5s. Have almost 3k miles on them in less than two months time and they have been great. Using my second trip timer to keep track of how many miles I put on them.

Reportedly, Michelin recommends the PR5 GTs for our bikes and bikes like the Concourse but the regular PR5s are just fine.

It would be interesting to weigh a worn out set to see how much lighter it is.

I love the Q3's. Switched from the 2 ct's . The Dunlops heat up faster (according to my TPMS) and I think the carcass is stiffer as they are better breakers, especially with low tire pressures. But I would take a set of Michelins if they were giving them out! Most tires are generally pretty good these days.

I had Dunlop GPR300s on my first gen Hayabusa. Two separate times I had traction loss on wet pavement with both times at low speeds and taking my time. Did get almost 8500 miles out of the set before I wrecked the bike. Both my old Gen 1 and my current Gen 2 had Battlax tires on them when I bought the bikes. Never had good things to say about Bridgestone. I've never had a single issue from any set of Michelins ever.

It's not that I'm not open to other brands. I just prefer to run the tires that have given me the best results in lifetime as well as wet/dry traction. Michelin has never disappointed me.

My bike literally is the only ride I have. I don't currently own an operational car so I ride year round wet or dry. I used to only get 4k out of a set until I bought my first set of Michelins. Got over 8k out of those. Got a great deal on the Dunlops and achieved the same results but those two forementioned episodes with wet traction made me go back to Michelin. I've put almost 4k miles on my bike in two months time with almost 3k of those on my PR5s.

Michelin claims the PR5s will produce the exact same wet and dry traction abilities as their PR4s 3k miles into a set. I'm at 2600ish now.

As for my driving style, mostly simple commuting with mountain trips as often as I can. However, with my current work schedule I've only been able to get to the mountains twice this year.

Since ive had a new Nitron out back and a re -valve up front my tyres are are lasting and wearing much better, but seeing its winter here Road 5s have gone on , Bridgestone S21s are getting a good wrap down here for grip and life.

Back