Pics of the Golf Ball Cannon

Ken02busa

Donating Member
Registered
(the watch is just for a refernece to the size of it)
It weighs around 100 lbs

100_3490.jpg

100_3493.jpg

100_3498.jpg

Whats the range of that bad boy? I had actually modeled up a Golf ball Trebuchet last year that I want to build just for some back yard fun!
thumb_up.gif

When we shot 600g of 1F, the best one was around 1100 yards. One problem is the ball has to have clearance, so if it comes out touching the side it will of course slice that way, when it hits the top you get the best trajectory. It is completely random where the ball will actually end up.

Hav you got pics of your trebuchet?

wow pretty serious stuff you are doing there... we did build a tennisball cannon out of an old driveshaft and powered it off oxy acetylene. Even had a sparkplug/coil igniter assy on it..

got into tennisball wars with the guys at the VW dealer in Scottsdale.. We got an unconditional surrender after the first water filled tennisball we shot at their shop knocked the evap cooler off its base on the roof...
laugh.gif

so if you push the golfball in with a wrap, will it still slice?

With black powder apparently you have to have some room for air, or it does not perform (or perform as well?).

I am learning bp, just getting used to the BOOM, will get adventerous later.

I am going to the shop right now to make an aluminum projectile. I am not sure if I will actually fire it, but I like playing on the lathe.

With black powder apparently you have to have some room for air, or it does not perform (or perform as well?).

I am learning bp, just getting used to the BOOM, will get adventerous later.

I am going to the shop right now to make an aluminum projectile. I am not sure if I will actually fire it, but I like playing on the lathe.
hmm ever heard of cement filled coke bottle canons? (this was 60's stuff out on the west coast)

got into tennisball wars with the guys at the VW dealer in Scottsdale..  We got an unconditional surrender after the first water filled tennisball we shot at their shop knocked the evap cooler off its base on the roof...  
laugh.gif
rofl.gif

Yeah, their still looking for you too.

r8

Back