Funny golf stories

A'Busa'd

Donating Member
Registered
For the golfers, active or not, what's your funniest/weirdest golf story?

I have a few, but another thread about a defective softball bat reminded me of this:

I used to be a rabid golfer. Not so much any more, but at the time I was obsessed with lowering my score. Played a lot, watched training videos & all the tournaments. You get the picture.

Anyhoo, I bought a really expensive driver that I was seeing advertised on the Golf Channel. I used it and it was actually pretty good. It really did help lower my score.

I was getting better and getting a little cocky. One day I was golfing with a friend who was pretty good. I had never beaten him before. I knew that I had a pretty good chance of cleaning his clock that day, so I was talking smack to him to get him off balance before tee-off.

So, we get to the first hole. A long par 5. I win the toss and step up to the tee. I look at my friend and say, "Watch this!".

I wind up and come down on that ball, knowing that this was one of my best drives ever.

Contact! Prefect. The ball rockets down the fairway. Amazing. But what's that object following the ball? Turns out that the head of my expensive new driver came off the shaft and followed the ball half way down the fairway.

Stunned, I finally notice that my friend is laughing his a$$ off at me. Made for a very long day.

Yes, he beat me again.

buddy of mine got drunk on the course once and knocked a ball into a tree,we never saw it go through so he climbed in the tree looking for it.needless to say he fell out taking half the limbs with him,it was hillarious.

I love golf, but have to say I am not good at all. I lined up for one tee and looked at my friends i was with who were standing to the side, I said, You had better get back behind me, like directly behind me, my balls go everywhere, they laughed and walked behind me, this course was perfect only one tree was on it about 20ft in front to the right, i take my swing, the ball flies at the tree ricochets, flys about an inch from my ear by my head and nails my friend right in the forehead, he had a bruise the size of a pancake for about a week, after finding out he was ok, all the guys started laughing, and from then on, they stood behind trees behind me.

<!--EDIT|KanjiBusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1156982113 -->

well i think the funniest golf story i could tell, would be the time me and one of my friends had just finished playing 18 holes.
he decides since i had beaten him by 5 strokes,that we should play 9 more for double or nothing!!! so i agree,we go to the back nine. we flip for the tee off!! well he won and he was talking some smack because it was a short par 4.
well before he teed off i notice some senior citizens in their 70's on the 18th,which ajoin's the 10th tee box,they started getting out of their carts ,when my partner decide to let it eat!!! i mean he grunted when he swung the club,well it sliced to the right, in the process it made a beeline toward the older fellow in the rear and hit him in the back of the head knocking him cold and he fell on the next guy and needless to say we have the domino effect!!!all 4 guys were on the ground cussing the one who had fell on him, well my friend start balling because the guys with him said he was dead!! but i agree none of this was funny,the funny part happened after the older guy had woke up and still laying on the ground,he said what the holly f### hit me,his partner bent over and show him one of those big golfball tee box markers. that was all it took ,even the emt had tears in there eyes from laughing.

Totally not a Golfer here! But I have tried a few times. So one day we were in a "golf tournament" (excuse to go driving wrecklessly around a golf course drunk!) that a friend put on. We get to the last hole and all of us are "putting" when this buddy of mine decides it is time to tackle me! Well he grabs me around the knees and falls down and take me down to my knees in the process! Well my knees came not so gently to rest right in the middle of his chest! He instantly starts yelling get off me, get off me! Two broken ribs and a valuable lesson learned! Haven't "golfed" since.

Back