Pics: Colorado Ducati Experience/Performance Cycle Bike Night

Deal

Registered
So for those of you who don't know, Ducati has been touring around doing Demo's of two of their newest bikes, the Diavel and the Multistrada. Gpmo, Myself, and My roommate all signed up to go test them out. It's free, and they offered a full hour demo ride on them, with a fairly wide variety of roads to travel on. We started out just after noon with good weather and headed south. after stopping for gas and something to drink, we were running a little later than we'd planned on, but still doing fine. Until traffic stopped, that is. There'd been a pretty bad car accident about a half mile ahead of us. About 4 cars totaled, and at least one person being loaded into an ambulance on a stretcher as we passed :( By the time we got back on open roads, we were running late, so we opened up the throttles a bit and started slowly working our way through traffic. (props to my roommate at this point for keeping up, as he was in his car, since his ER-6N has a broken rearset and the replacement hasn't arrived yet). We bit the bullet and took the toll road to make up some additional time, and between the two, we weren't late. Like any good event, we were greeted by one of their umbrella girls at the registration table (minus her umbrella, but I guess we can forgive that :p)

web.jpg

Once we passed through the gate and into the main area, they had all the bikes lines up out front, with a covered area for gear, seating, etc... I'm in the background centered in front of the tent on the left.

web.jpg

Also a free snack bar with more umbrella girls, espresso, etc..

web.jpg

A couple of the Diavel's that we had signed up to ride. Gpmo is the one on the furthest left in this pic.

web.jpg

Once we got to sit on the bikes, the girls came around for pics with each of us. Gpmo:

web.jpg

Me:

web.jpg

Then they checked to see if all of us had the keys secured safely, and had us start them up. (They use a proximity key, you just keep it in your pocket the whole time, you only take it out for getting under the seat, or releasing the passenger grab bar, which retracts under the tail when not in use.) We had some minor issues with the bikes not "seeing" the keys properly the very first time around, but after that they worked fine.

web.jpg

...and away we go!

web.jpg

When we came back from our ride on the Diavel's , we found that they had 3 unclaimed spots for the final run of the day, so we wormed our way back in and headed out for round 2. This is the Multistrada, their new adventure bike.

web.jpg

Gpmo got one of the Multistrada's for the second trip:

web.jpg

They only had 2 of those left, though, so My roommate got the last of them, and I had another run at the last Diavel:

web.jpg

Once that riding was over, we headed further south, got some pizza, then continued to the Colorado Performance Cycle Bike Night, Where we met up with BigBadDodge and his brother. I dont have any pics of that part, so hopefully Gpmo can step in with his to wrap this up and prove it happened :p

All in all, around 250 miles and a great day!

Awesome! When are they coming to Texas! :-)

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

I do have the Pics ( 3 maybe) from the bike night. I will get them loaded up a bit later on.

It was a great day thats for sure lots of riding half using someone else gas :). The Diavel was amazing to ride, absolutely wonderful....but not a Busa. Deal said it well after we were done. It was the best possible way for a test ride to turn out, the bike was fun to ride good to look at but reaffirmed we still ride the best in the buisnes, all hail the busa:bowdown:.

There was plenty of power and the different ride modes were nice. It has a huge 240 rear wheel on it, but it still dropped into corners like a dream. It dropped so well i had to back off a bit as i was dragging the pegs. Amazing though i was second back from the ride leader who was on a Multistrada and i was on his rear so he hooked it up and started rolling hard. When the Diavel stopped that Multistrada had plenty of room to lean, that thing is amazing in the twisties. Not that the Diavel was slumming it mind you but wow.

I found the Multisrada to be somewhat un comfy and bunched up in the front.....But when you put it in touring mode you hardly felt a thing, it absorbed bumps so well. In the twisties i was able to dump it around with ease, not as well as the ride lead but enough that i had my fun :laugh:, They wouldn't let us test the offroad functionality so no idea how it does there.

Both bikes were awesome and i would for sure like to add a Diavel to my garage some day, but i'm not willing to trade out the Busa for one. Ducati put on a good ride, 1 hour or so through several road types including canyons. Ballsy to say the least but well worth it.

It was great meeting up with BBD (Paul) and BSing with him and his brother. Saw some nice looking bikes and a bunch of squids. About 6 Busas. The dino runs ended up being 20$ and we got there late so no go for us. I might have to go back for the event next year as it was interesting.

Hope everyone else had a Saturday as good as ours..:beerchug:

I do have the Pics ( 3 maybe) from the bike night. I will get them loaded up a bit later on.

It was a great day thats for sure lots of riding half using someone else gas :). The Diavel was amazing to ride, absolutely wonderful....but not a Busa. Deal said it well after we were done. It was the best possible way for a test ride to turn out, the bike was fun to ride good to look at but reaffirmed we still ride the best in the buisnes, all hail the busa:bowdown:.

There was plenty of power and the different ride modes were nice. It has a huge 240 rear wheel on it, but it still dropped into corners like a dream. It dropped so well i had to back off a bit as i was dragging the pegs. Amazing though i was second back from the ride leader who was on a Multistrada and i was on his rear so he hooked it up and started rolling hard. When the Diavel stopped that Multistrada had plenty of room to lean, that thing is amazing in the twisties. Not that the Diavel was slumming it mind you but wow.

I found the Multisrada to be somewhat un comfy and bunched up in the front.....But when you put it in touring mode you hardly felt a thing, it absorbed bumps so well. In the twisties i was able to dump it around with ease, not as well as the ride lead but enough that i had my fun :laugh:, They wouldn't let us test the offroad functionality so no idea how it does there.

Both bikes were awesome and i would for sure like to add a Diavel to my garage some day, but i'm not willing to trade out the Busa for one. Ducati put on a good ride, 1 hour or so through several road types including canyons. Ballsy to say the least but well worth it.

It was great meeting up with BBD (Paul) and BSing with him and his brother. Saw some nice looking bikes and a bunch of squids. About 6 Busas. The dino runs ended up being 20$ and we got there late so no go for us. I might have to go back for the event next year as it was interesting.

Hope everyone else had a Saturday as good as ours..:beerchug:

Sweet, thanks for the info. Looking at a dual purpose bikes lately.

Sweet, thanks for the info. Looking at a dual purpose bikes lately.

I was surprised with this one. Thats a 1200 and i figured it would be clunky and heavy for a dual purpose, now my experience is limited but i felt like it was very light and easy to use. I would like to look at the BMW i know their lineup of dual purpose is good.

How were the bikes? Interested in the multistrada.

I just pre registered for the DC area, location TBA, August 6 and 7.
Not sure if I can make it yet, but I'm going to do my best once I know for sure where it will be held. My brother in law is getting married in Northern VA on the 6th, so I'm going to try and catch an early ride on the 7th. Ducati is supposed to email the info as it becomes available. You and your croanies down?

Deal, thanks for the thread and link:beerchug:

I just pre registered for the DC area, location TBA, August 6 and 7.
Not sure if I can make it yet, but I'm going to do my best once I know for sure where it will be held. My brother in law is getting married in Northern VA on the 6th, so I'm going to try and catch an early ride on the 7th. Ducati is supposed to email the info as it becomes available. You and your croanies down?

I would love to see your guys impressions of these machines. I am sure you will not be disappointed.

I don't really like Ducati but that Diavel is just plain sexy looking. I saw one on the road it was nice. Maybe one day I'll be able to afford one.

I don't really like Ducati but that Diavel is just plain sexy looking. I saw one on the road it was nice. Maybe one day I'll be able to afford one.

I know this is close to Busa blasphemy but i think the Diavel is the sexiest bike on the road right now. First Ducati i have every really liked. Its amazing looking.

Any time, I always enjoy reading about other peoples rides, I'm glad to get the chance to post up one of my own (even if Gpmo is actually the one who organized it all :D)

We've decided to watch for things like these in the future, it was a cool experience, even if at the end of the day they just re-confirm that we ride the greatest machines on the road! I'll try to post up any others I heat about, and feel free to keep me posted in return

Back