Picking Up A Dropped Bike

MPH 200

Donating Member
Registered
Good site to show you how to pick up your bike
AAAssjani.gif

http://www.pinkribbonrides.com/dropped.html

Good info, but I prefer the "bat my eyelashes, maybe shed a tear while I rant about dropping my bike and wait for a strong man to come over and help me"...but, that's just me...
smile.gif

Seriously, I'd like to try this, but I'm not dropping my Busa to do it...

(VaBusa @ Oct. 19 2006,15:26) Good info, but I prefer the "bat my eyelashes, maybe shed a tear while I rant about dropping my bike and wait for a strong man to come over and help me"...but, that's just me...
smile.gif

Go ahead & drop it .....I'm on my way !
biggrin.gif

(Warputer @ Oct. 19 2006,15:27)
(VaBusa @ Oct. 19 2006,15:26) Good info, but I prefer the "bat my eyelashes, maybe shed a tear while I rant about dropping my bike and wait for a strong man to come over and help me"...but, that's just me...
smile.gif

biggrin.gif
Can you be here in 5 minutes?! LOL No, I think I'll keep it upright...
tounge.gif

(VaBusa @ Oct. 19 2006,15:31)
(Warputer @ Oct. 19 2006,15:27)
smile.gif

biggrin.gif
Can you be here in 5 minutes?!  LOL  No, I think I'll keep it upright...
tounge.gif
Maybe in about 2 hours .....calling the airport for quotes now !

Uh oh , here comes the wife !
wow.gif

Lots of scratches just easing it over on the side. A real pisser. Thank God the mirrors fold.

The 'Busa's pretty easy to pick up...

..... especially when the adrenaline's pumping and you're trying to save yourself the embarassment of the neighbors seeing it tipped over in your driveway because you stalled it trying to get it over the kerb when you'd only had it for two weeks ....

... not that that's ever happened to me of course.......

smile.gif

Yep, seen that one. I've dropped mine three times now. The first time it was pretty easy to pick back up. The second time I had tendonitus in my right shoulder and a slightly sprained left wrist which made it harder. The third time I had to slide it a little so I could get my foot down next to it and get it back up on two wheels. It had fallen on a dirt bank.

In general it's not that hard a bike to pick back up. Try picking up a HD Softail Classic (saddlebags, footboard, windscreen) when it's on the downhill side of a driveway and you need to hold the brake so it doesn't run into the wife's car or downhill into the street. That one handed grunt was a tough one
smile.gif

Carl

Back