PICK'EM UP TRUCK

Yep! Well, it isn't my Busa, but here's a pic of GSXcite's in the back of my truck:

Myself and a couple helpers lifted it in there... Otherwise, we would have used a ramp.
wink.gif

IMG00280.jpg

(omslaw @ Sep. 10 2007,12:20) Yep!  Well, it isn't my Busa, but here's a pic of GSXcite's in the back of my truck:

Myself and a couple helpers lifted it in there...    Otherwise, we would have used a ramp.  
wink.gif

IMG00280.jpg
Nice! I was going to say be a dumbazz like me, then call your friends and have them load it up for you.
laugh.gif

I got ramps not long ago. Always used a 2x12 and either a hill or ditch.
Ramps I got are very heavy steel. But what do you expect from Sam's club. I think they were $40 for a set.
Just dont ride up ramps unless they have a huge weight rating.

(Professor @ Sep. 10 2007,15:39) An "arched" ramp will work better than a straight one.
I gave an incomplete description. Mine is a folding aluminum ARCHED ramp.

It would be better if my bike wasn't lowered or if my F150 was.

I have a standard piece of wood with an aluminum angle bolt-on end. I walk the bike up running in first gear.

One can always find a steep drive way, burm or ditch to back the truck to. Man thos ramps can get scary by yourself.
argue.gif
all_coholic.gif
lurk.gif

i usually back my truck up to a swale (ditch) and roll it right
into the bed. been doing this for years. maybe someday i'll
buy a ramp.

I hate to say it... the guys that last helped me out in a major way...three guys, two of us lifted the front wheel into the bed, one guy got in and held it steady, then the two of us lifted the back up and walked it in. A ramp is good as well.

There are issues with the exhaust hitting the ramps, mainly at the belly, and then you have to lift it anyways.

Board with roofing shingles work...ramps are great.

There are a bunch of great ideas before mine...you could always ride to wal-mart or any loading dock and drive right in.

I have a nice wide arched ramp but my truck is too damn tall.  I have a sloped yard and I back in and then use the ramp.  taking off off my truck requires at least two people but three is much better... I was underneath it from a tipover last night and that sucked.  I cannot imagine what I'd look like if it tipped over onto me or anybody else while being loaded into my truck...  
argue.gif

rolleyes_extreme.gif

all_coholic.gif

(8Daytona8 @ Sep. 10 2007,16:43) One can always find a steep drive way, burm or ditch to back the truck to. Man thos ramps can get scary by yourself.
argue.gif

all_coholic.gif

lurk.gif
I use the ramp and a ditch.

I am chicken, afraid, a total wuss, to try to put my baby on a p/u truck... ramp or no ramp. I wondered how everyone else did it.
wow.gif

So will a Busa fit on the bed of your average 4 door truck? I think its like a 60" bed maybe? You just have to leave the tailgate down? That's what the blue truck in the pic looks like. I'm thinking of getting one.

Everyone is spot on here, I've had no problem putting two bikes in a fullsize truck going to the gap . Just make sure the front wheel is chocked from movind side to side. when you are in a flat area put the front wheels of the truck on the curb to lower the tailgate.
beerchug.gif

Back