Pick up truck tires

Just a heads up.. if I came off as a prick that wasn’t my intentions. I thought you were messing with me.. A regular truck rated street tire sounds like what you need.
Never even crossed my mind that you were doing anything but helping out...:beerchug:

That was such a drastic change in stance and rims that I thought perhaps you went to a different tire too.

I put a set of Cooper AT3's on my 2019 F150 FX4 over 4k miles ago.
So far they have been excellent.
I keep them at 37 psi cold(60psi max).
They are quiet, are wearing great, not cupping or rough edged, handle perfect in heavy rain and deep water, and I'm hoping for some snow to try them in.
My dad had their previous design on his old '97 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 for at least 60k miles, and they rode great until they were almost bald.
He has another set now.
Myself and several friends have had good luck with Cooper tires.
My girlfriend had a set of Coopers put on her 2020 Escape about a thousand miles ago, and so far so good.

I put a set of Cooper AT3's on my 2019 F150 FX4 over 4k miles ago.
So far they have been excellent.
I keep them at 37 psi cold(60psi max).
They are quiet, are wearing great, not cupping or rough edged, handle perfect in heavy rain and deep water, and I'm hoping for some snow to try them in.
My dad had their previous design on his old '97 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 for at least 60k miles, and they rode great until they were almost bald.
He has another set now.
Myself and several friends have had good luck with Cooper tires.
My girlfriend had a set of Coopers put on her 2020 Escape about a thousand miles ago, and so far so good.
The Coopers and Toyos both have good reviews...

A little troubling that @TallTom had issues with his Toyos as all I could find were good reviews....

I have some time and I'm just feeling out different tire choices for the truck...the OEM tires are getting down to the wear bars even though I switch them out for 4+ months of the year with my winter tires.

The Coopers and Toyos both have good reviews...

A little troubling that @TallTom had issues with his Toyos as all I could find were good reviews....

I have some time and I'm just feeling out different tire choices for the truck...the OEM tires are getting down to the wear bars even though I switch them out for 4+ months of the year with my winter tires.
You can Google Toyo tire recall. And in all fairness this could have been an isolated period of time and they resolved the process that caused it.

What irritated me was their refusal to acknowledge the issue. I'd take it back to the shop when a belt would shift. They'd do a spin balance, concur it had issues, rebalance the tire and send my away. Never acknowledging a belt may have shifted. Then I'd bring it in for another tire doing it. Again a run around. All the while I'm putting miles on them.

Finally the first one they rebalanced came apart at speed. Now I'm pissed.

Had hard evidence in my mind. They accused me of under inflating and heat built up. But to give me satisfaction they'd prorate my tires @ 30%. Citing 70% wear. So here's 30% off on new set of Toyo tires.

Yeah Eff you guys.

Now as to Coopers. I got to tour thier facility in TX. Step by step and nothing was off limits. They are serious about competing. Tires are a tough market with all the choices. They had good QC and take serious continual Quality Improvement. Every employee gets tires put on their vehicles and are their own consumer. They listen to any concerns their employees express about an tire issues.

You can Google Toyo tire recall. And in all fairness this could have been an isolated period of time and they resolved the process that caused it.

What irritated me was their refusal to acknowledge the issue. I'd take it back to the shop when a belt would shift. They'd do a spin balance, concur it had issues, rebalance the tire and send my away. Never acknowledging a belt may have shifted. Then I'd bring it in for another tire doing it. Again a run around. All the while I'm putting miles on them.

Finally the first one they rebalanced came apart at speed. Now I'm pissed.

Had hard evidence in my mind. They accused me of under inflating and heat built up. But to give me satisfaction they'd prorate my tires @ 30%. Citing 70% wear. So here's 30% off on new set of Toyo tires.

Yeah Eff you guys.

Now as to Coopers. I got to tour thier facility in TX. Step by step and nothing was off limits. They are serious about competing. Tires are a tough market with all the choices. They had good QC and take serious continual Quality Improvement. Every employee gets tires put on their vehicles and are their own consumer. They listen to any concerns their employees express about an tire issues.
Good enough for me..........Toyos are out.....

I think Coopers have the win....I will research which ones suit my needs as I don't need an aggressive tire, just one that has decent traction in the wet....

The AT3 isn't very aggressive, or noisey.

20230219_182246.jpg

20230219_182200.jpg

20230219_182152.jpg

I use them on highway predominantly.
I'll have to see if we have a Cooper distributor around here....we have a big box store that sells them but we I don't believe they are the same tires...if they are anything like other products made for big box stores that is........

My AT3's came from the Ford dealer, and they price matched.
I ordered my gf's through www.Tirerack.com, and had a local shop mount and balance them.
That's the 4th set I've ordered through them, and I've never had a problem.
The lowest price, good warranty, and fast and free shipping.

I'll have to see if we have a Cooper distributor around here....we have a big box store that sells them but we I don't believe they are the same tires...if they are anything like other products made for big box stores that is........
Im not sure. I know Cooper makes tires for others. But they don't put the Cooper name on them. I know Wal-Mart here sells a lot of tires. But the only warranty support you get is through Walmart. Further nobody will touch a tire that's a Walmart version of a tire.

I'm not judging anyone on thier buying decisions. I pay a little extra for peace of mind. And WalMart will suffice for many. They sell a chytload of tires. If the were crappy tires the wouldn't have a market share.

I'll echo what 6pack said. I order online and have them shipped to an authorized dealer.

Im not sure. I know Cooper makes tires for others. But they don't put the Cooper name on them. I know Wal-Mart here sells a lot of tires. But the only warranty support you get is through Walmart. Further nobody will touch a tire that's a Walmart version of a tire.

I'm not judging anyone on thier buying decisions. I pay a little extra for peace of mind. And WalMart will suffice for many. They sell a chytload of tires. If the were crappy tires the wouldn't have a market share.

I'll echo what 6pack said. I order online and have them shipped to an authorized dealer.
Walmart here doesn't sell tires but I don't know if there is an authorized dealer for Cooper around here.

I checked with Toyo and there wasn't any recalls for Toyo tires in Canada.

So far the Toyo tires are the best price and have the best reviews....

The service tech at Ram as saying the Cooper H/Ts are good but are a little hard so they last longer....

Back