Pick up truck tires

Bumblebee

Donating Member
Registered
So I will soon be in the market for a set of tires for my Ram...

I am thinking of a set of Toyo Open Country H/T II

Has anyone else run these tires and if so, how are they?

So I will soon be in the market for a set of tires for my Ram...

I am thinking of a set of Toyo Open Country H/T II

Has anyone else run these tires and if so, how are they?
I tried a set of Toyo's on my F-150. Very problematic. The belts shifted on multiple tires. They argue with you while you frustratingly out more miles as they only had like 30K miles. By the time they agree to pro rate as defective they only valued them at 30%.

They are a hard no for me.

I run Coopers with pretty good results. Good ride quality. Good miles.

I tried a set of Toyo's on my F-150. Very problematic. The belts shifted on multiple tires. They argue with you while you frustratingly out more miles as they only had like 30K miles. By the time they agree to pro rate as defective they only valued them at 30%.

They are a hard no for me.

I run Coopers with pretty good results. Good ride quality. Good miles.
Good to know this....

Which Coopers?

I have winter tires already and I'm looking to replace the OEM Wranglers...

See, now I knew this could be a good thread....

What Toyos do you run?
Toyo MT's 35x12.50x20

0FBE5CBB-BD01-4525-9089-FE32A9E42855.jpeg

I've been using a set of continental TerrainContact H/T tires since sept 2020 and have put about 25k miles on them. The warranty state 6 yrs and 70k miles, I doubt I'll be getting close to that. I prefer to get new tires sooner rather than later. I didn't buy them for the mileage though, I bought them for the reduced road noise and comfort. They handle well in dry and wet conditions. I can't speak much for snow.

id personally stay away from m/t tires if u never “off road.” they are heavy make more noise poor rain grip and don’t last as long. i have had good luck with toyo m/t and a/t. i dont see why u wouldnt with those h/t tires. tread pattern looks street friendly.

I've used Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs exclusively for years... had them on a Jeep TJ, two Dodge Dakotas and a Ram 1500. My wife also has them on her Jeep Liberty. Excellent traction in all conditions, long wearing, low noise (for a M+S rated tire), easy to balance, etc.

And they tend to go on sale twice a year in a "Buy 3, Get 4" deal at Canadian Tire and other Goodyear dealers.

id personally stay away from m/t tires if u never “off road.” they are heavy make more noise poor rain grip and don’t last as long. i have had good luck with toyo m/t and a/t. i dont see why u wouldnt with those h/t tires. tread pattern looks street friendly.
I had Nitto Terra Grapplers on my lifted F-150 and honestly, they were heavy, noisy and sucked in the winter. I didn't run winter tires on that truck although I should have...

I run them on this truck so I don't need anything aggressive...

I'm in the early stages of looking around right now but I agree that the H/T tires look decent for road work

I've used Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs exclusively for years... had them on a Jeep TJ, two Dodge Dakotas and a Ram 1500. My wife also has them on her Jeep Liberty. Excellent traction in all conditions, long wearing, low noise (for a M+S rated tire), easy to balance, etc.

And they tend to go on sale twice a year in a "Buy 3, Get 4" deal at Canadian Tire and other Goodyear dealers.
The Duratracs are too aggressive for what I need.

Back