People looking to shorten wheelbase with 600 arm..

camaroguy72

Registered
i put a 600 arm off an 01 gsxr 600 to shorten the bike up. handled great. Then i noticed it starting to kink and buckle on one side of the arm. I took the arm off and sure enough it was starting to shear apart right where the angle changes on the arm from when it leaves the pivot and then it turns out straight. I now managed to put a 03 gsxr 750 arm on there. much nicer and looks more complete as it has a brace on it already and was much easier to make it fit, still some grinding , but not bad at all. It's the same length as the 600 arm, so for those looking to go short and not lower the bike, this is for you.

smile.gif
Nice, but we need pics

<!--EDIT|NVeeus04
Reason for Edit: None given...|1153497569 -->

dont have pics with the 750 arm at the moment, just finished it last night... but the 600 arm ... see here... only pic i have with the arm on this computer taken about a month ago after i crashed
sad.gif

<!--EDIT|camaroguy72
Reason for Edit: None given...|1153503238 -->

IMGP0234.jpeg

wow, I always half-believed the aftermarket braced arms were just for looks. I never thought a bike would have enough torque to tear up an arm. Lets see a pic with the 750 arm. Where did you have to grind to make it fit? Anything else you needed to change or fabricate to make it work? Which axle, shock, linkage, adjusters, wheel did you use? Sorry for all the q's but I really want to do this swap and would like it to be as smooth as possible.

grind down the inside where the spring hits... if you put it on the bike and you arent lowering it, the spring hits the inside of the arm. you gotta grind it down a little bit and make room... it's hollow anyways so not a big issue. had to get a spacer for the axle to let the busa wheel fit, i can give u the dimensions. also used the gsxr 600 shock pivot. stock shock, dogbones, adjusters, etc. all you need is the shock pivot, the arm, and a little elbow grease for the grinder lol.

Back