PC's PC

GJoker

Still got love for ya's...
Donating Member
Registered
This is mainly to those with the PC installed and a PC setup to load maps~ I'm looking into gettin a cheap second hand PC to put in my garage strictly for the purpose of loading maps and fine tuning~ So, I was wondering if someone here that has this setup can tell my the bare minimum the computer needs to be? I don't wanna have to get a 1.3gig w/ an 80gig HD and 256k of ram if I can get away with an old 300mhz processor and so on~  
wink.gif
If it makes a differance on which PC... I'm steering toward the PCIIIUSB model~

Thanks for the input gentlemen~

Can you elaborate a little more for me, JC? Color me ignorant on this
subject, if you will, but I thought these units came with the software
neccesary so one can tune it from home?  
rock.gif

tune what? either you need to ride it or use a dyno with a sniffer to tune.
yes you can change numbers in a map but without a before and after you won't know if it helped. also without a load you will not know where in the TPS range you are so you can make a change.

BUT you do not need a dyno you can and some have tuned their own bikes without a dyno. you need an A/F meter with a bung welded into the pipe and you need to mark your throttle so you know where you are and then you need time and A LOT of road. and PLEASE do not get hit by a car while looking at your throttle and A/F meter getting readings

wow.gif
OK, thanks for the schooling there, JC~ Soo, if I'm understanding correctly now... the only thing I can do with the PC hookup is load/change maps~ Would still need to take it to a shop for proper tuning....

The only thing i really see on the powercommander website about requirements is at least Windows98SE or newer and a an available USB port for the PC3usb. No mention of RAM or processing speed minimums. Couldnt find much else...

Back