PC II or PCIII USB?

vulture

Registered
I am looking at adding a Power commander to my bus, is there any upward compatability with the PCIII USB if I upgrade from my 2001 to a newer bus?

Otherwise, is there any real difference besides the way to upload a map?
1zhelp.gif

Vulture,
I run a III USB on my '01 Blusa. No problems, works great.

PC II is only for 99-00. It sucks anyway, it is much harder to program, I've been told. buy a PC3

I guess a side consideration (always) is the almighty dollar, as I could probably pick up a used PCII for 150 US, and the PCIII Usb for more $.

Is the USB for 2001 upward compatible with newer busas?

What about a Yoshimura EMS Cube 3?

EMS.gif

EMS Cube
The EMS Cube is an evolutionary step in electronic engine management. Unlike the old EMS units, the Cube has all the features housed within one unit.
Clutchless shifter,
3-way map,
gear offset and four stage shift light all plug into a central module.
A ground up design starting with a blazing fast new BOJ CPU processor, better circuitry for ignition and fuel injection input/output, advanced circuit board coating let us get away from traditional potting, thus yielding lighter weight. The Cube comes with a CPU main processor, wiring harness, and software package and communication serial cable. PC Only not Mac compatible.

<!--EDIT|FAKK2
Reason for Edit: None given...|1118142480 -->

Get the USb model. It is like comparing windows 95 to Windows XP Pro...No comparison..

The ems cube above is a PCIIIr and PCIIIusb all in one. You get ignition control, fuel control and usb to boot.

<!--EDIT|FAKK2
Reason for Edit: None given...|1118143109 -->

I haven't heard of the cube before. My main goal in Fuel injection mapping is to smooth out the bottom end of the torque curve & stop the engine from backfiring on quick downshift (this happened after going with the slip on's)

See I want both fuel and ignition control, so if I go PCIIIusb I only get 1 of the 2, But if I go EMS Cube I not only get both, BUT I also get usb also as an added bonus
smile.gif
it is like getting a PCIIIr and PCIIIusb for the price of one.....

I guess a side consideration (always) is the almighty dollar, as I could probably pick up a used PCII for 150 US, and the PCIII Usb for more $.

Is the USB for 2001 upward compatible with newer busas?
From reading the PC site, I think the USB is the only model compatable with later model Busa's

Do what I did , Save the $300 and go to the shop and get them to remap your bike for $50. Unless you race or are doing alot of lerge mods to your bike you don't need one.

Not alot of info on the EMS cube on the Yosh link above. Will it interupt the fuel for shift like the muzzy unit? Is this feature built in or does it require "add on" options ?

Back