Pay it forward parts and replenish MC's trailer.

Fastfrog007

Donating Member
Registered
As Im sure you all recall from last Spring, I needed a few parts and some assistance for my bike, fortunetly Shawn had the parts, and he, Tim, John and others helped with the work and tools, which was awesome!:thumbsup:

Ill be trailering this year so Im gonna bring some brake pads and various other Busa bits I have laying around to refill Shawns trailer. As you all do your winter projects and sort through parts see if there is anything you dont need that you can pay forward to whomever might be in need at the Bash.

Are we there yet?

Shawn fixin' me up last year.

ForumRunner_20130124_055652.png

ForumRunner_20130124_055652.png

I too benefitted from the MC parts store last year. I already sent Shawn all my extras. This is a worthy cause guys. The amount of labor many of these org guys put into bikes in need is nothing short of amazing.:thumbsup::bowdown:

I have some panties he can hang up! :laugh:

Very worthy cause! Shawn is always helping someone with a bike at the Bash.

I've handed all of my spare parts over to Omar for his trailer, but I know he and Shawn park side-by-side and anything needed from either trailer is up for grabs. That's how I scored new wheels last spring! Omar should have hidden then better from me :)

via Samsung Galaxy SIII

I have some panties he can hang up! :laugh:

Very worthy cause! Shawn is always helping someone with a bike at the Bash.

I've handed all of my spare parts over to Omar for his trailer, but I know he and Shawn park side-by-side and anything needed from either trailer is up for grabs. That's how I scored new wheels last spring! Omar should have hidden then better from me :)

via Samsung Galaxy SIII

Ah yes, the other half of the Busa fix-it-up station they built last year, that was just too cool. My bike didnt get any Omar love last year, maybe I can get a TB sync this year, cough cough, hint hint:laugh:

Another cool thing is watching these guys do stuff is a great learning experience. So even if you don't need some first aid watching Omar and Shawn at work will help out any DIY people.

Guys, thank you for starting this...
Very true - the parts go for a good cause - us! There is no telling what someone will need, or when they will need it - and oddly enough, the parts you need, may be your own... seriously though, John, Tim, Omar, Hal - there are a lot of people who have maintenance experience and willingness... so - any little bit helps... lenses, brake pads, oil, fluid, LEVERS, windscreens, etc... everything helps - and you never know what someone will notice is bad, or needs...

Thanks again guys - you rock!
Shawn

Ah yes, the other half of the Busa fix-it-up station they built last year, that was just too cool. My bike didnt get any Omar love last year, maybe I can get a TB sync this year, cough cough, hint hint:laugh:

TB synching it is...Omar and I made a good team a few years ago doing that...we had Busas lined up for work... :)

via Samsung Galaxy SIII

My bike didnt get any Omar love last year, maybe I can get a TB sync this year, cough cough, hint hint:laugh:

i bet frog started this whole thing just so he could get that comment in:rofl: im replacing my tail section because it has a little rash and has a couple small cracks would you guys still want that? i am also replacing the belly wing since a little chunk is missing, send that too? i might have a couple small things lying around i could send also. just let me know who to send them to in a month or 2:cheerleader:

i have a Morgan Carbtune i use for syncing throttle bodies that i am willing to bring with to the bash! that way i could help get everyone done quicker.

also i atleast 1 extra OEM Windscreen i can bring and donate to the parts pile if needed. besides that though, i dont have many extra parts

Shawn, I may still have more stuff. As I keep unpacking I keep finding more and more stuff and am more than willing to help out and learn. Of course I'll put in a box and bring over.. LOL

i have a Morgan Carbtune i use for syncing throttle bodies that i am willing to bring with to the bash! that way i could help get everyone done quicker.

also i atleast 1 extra OEM Windscreen i can bring and donate to the parts pile if needed. besides that though, i dont have many extra parts

Omar and I love our carbtunes! That is how we used to crank them out! I think our longest assembly line was like 16 bikes one year. Everything/anything helps!

Shawn, I may still have more stuff. As I keep unpacking I keep finding more and more stuff and am more than willing to help out and learn. Of course I'll put in a box and bring over.. LOL

Hard to strap a box to your motorcycle! LOL

Nobody ever said they wanted my gen 2 stock cans or rear sprocket so I can box them up and send them to you if you still want them for your clinic.

is there an address I can ship a box to? I have a few parts I can squeeze into a first class usps box.....a very low mileage chain and new master link, maybe 2000 miles on it (only swapped because of new chain for stretch) stock light bulb, rear brake caliper "arm"? etc....I know I have quite a few pieces out there taken off to swap for aftermarket.....

Guys,

I will send you my address if you like - I won't turn away parts, help or support. Here is the thing, up at the Bash, well to be honest, anywhere people are riding, no one plans to go down. No one wakes up wanting to crash. There are too many ways to damage a bike to list, we all know that. Consequently, I won't turn anything away, because you never know what someone will need. I am very proud of some of the work that has been done up in the mountains to get people back on the road - even me! If you have never seen the way people jump from all over to help when someone needs it, well it really is an amazing thing. I am going to post a thread about that separately - but at the end of the day, if you have something that you want to send, then drop me a PM and I will send you my addy.

Back