pay it forward being abused?

I know how you feel. A dozen members asked for some items and I sent out a helmet and a brand new stock windscreen, and included the shipping (one to Canada), to two grateful members. The only thing offered back, a grab bar from a third member, never showed. A PM was sent two weeks ago and I got a "dog ate my homework" excuse for not fulfilling the promise. Still a no show.
It's been a welfare program with me supplying the food-stamps. Damn disappointing folks. Damn disappointing.
That's pretty funny... I believe my wife was the first to hit you up for that helemt only to have you PM her back with "What you got to trade for it?"~ So I really don't see WTF you are so disappointed about~ Guess it really hurts when Karma swings around and bites you in the arse~
rock.gif

All I can say is GJoker and his wife came through for me!! They sent me a hugger and it was awesome!! I can't thank them enough.
All I had to offer was a set of stock dog-bones.

The original idea of the thread was cool. Some members just got the wrong idea.

I need to go through my busa stuff and see what I could offer up. It's just cluttering my guest bedroom now.
biggrin.gif

I know how you feel. A dozen members asked for some items and I sent out a helmet and a brand new stock windscreen, and included the shipping (one to Canada), to two grateful members. The only thing offered back, a grab bar from a third member, never showed. A PM was sent two weeks ago and I got a "dog ate my homework" excuse for not fulfilling the promise. Still a no show.
It's been a welfare program with me supplying the food-stamps. Damn disappointing folks. Damn disappointing.
If you're looking to trade or swap you should post your items up in the classified section as "For Trade". Pay it forward isn't about trading, as others have already pointed out. I think you misread the intent of the whole thing.

Pay it forward isn't about trading, as others have already pointed out. I think you misread the intent of the whole thing.[/QUOTE]
Didn't ask for a trade. I listed what I had and what I was looking for.

<!--EDIT|newmill
Reason for Edit: None given...|1137165608 -->

have 2 sets stock dogbones
2-17 tooth front sprockets
set of stock mirrors
1-rear seat
1-grab bar
2-full stock exhaust system

Pay it forward isn't about trading, as others have already pointed out. I think you misread the intent of the whole thing.
Didn't ask for a trade. I listed what I had and what I was looking for.[/QUOTE]
Ok, well your post made it sound like you were waiting for people to offer you stuff back for your parts. Sorry.
wink.gif

Ok, well your post made it sound like you were waiting for people to offer you stuff back for your parts. Sorry. [/QUOTE]
Just calling out the poser's. Your swift response/apology tells me your not one of them  
wink.gif

And so that there is no further misunderstanding: I did mention those who received were grateful.

<!--EDIT|newmill
Reason for Edit: None given...|1137168016 -->

Pay it forward isn't about trading, as others have already pointed out. I think you misread the intent of the whole thing.
Didn't ask for a trade. I listed what I had and what I was looking for.[/QUOTE]
You did ask TheKatsMeow what she had to trade when she asked you about the helmet though~ I believe she still has the PM even, if you'd like me to have it posted for a reminder~

I sent everything  I promised, I answered on each PM I received in 12 hours time frame....

I asked some people numerous times about something they offered and never received an answer.
I`m not gonna tell who they was....

This tread was not trade-it-forward so I`m fine if I did not received answer or parts, I sent everything I promised and provided a tracking numbers.

P.S. If somebody didn`t received parts I promised please get back to me so we can track them.
I know you got mine Vic !! Nice work on it by the way
wink.gif

The helmet went to tpbio, shipping included. No charge, no trade.
Learned my lesson. Eject,Eject,Eject.

Ego, i still want the undertail if you've got it. I've had alot going on an forgot about it. Pm me if it's a go.

I think we have to start again, clean...
I know who the posers and hypocrits are....
Well maybe they not, just get the idea wrong..

Should we start here or new tread?
smile.gif

What do you guys think?

I on the other hand sent out a grab bar and got a mirrior in exchange.
smile.gif
wait.... You got mirror in return, not exchange...

Actually I think I sent it first.....
biggrin.gif

Or you answered on PM and then sent it to me first...
I don`t know.... I don`t care...
It was not about that, for me anyway.

It was about... well, go ahead, read Rubba post about getting unexpected package.... that was about that.

If i was a little Santa this Holiday season that would be enough for me..
beerchug.gif

i dont get it. just as a thought.. i was tought that you never "lend" anything or think someone is "borrowing". you give it as a gift. never expect anything in return. i have done this here on the board only asked for shipping costs .. ps i still have stock cans gen 1 right side minnor nicks on edge of can....if anyone needs. oh and pair valve ..stock fan.. takeing up room in garage lol :rulez:

I just found this thread, and after watching what has been going on with Pay-It-Forward for quite a while, I do have to say I'm appauled. I'm appauled at the members that have taken advantage of, and abused the generosity of the people of this forum.

Pay-It-Forward is an easy concept to understand. If you have something you no longer need or want, you 'gift' it to someone else. That is the end of your Pay-It-Forward responsability. The end.

Now, if someone else happens to post something that you can use you are welcome to ask the poster for it as part of the Pay-It-Forward process. That's it.

It's not a thread to ask for things. It's not a scavenger thread.

I not only started this here, I participated without resevation. I know that I personally have given away, and paid the shipping, on more than $1000 in parts and accessories. I recieved nothing in return, nor did I ask for anything. Good Karma was my only reward for my participation.

Abusing acts of kindness hurts the trust and friendships that make the forum the best one on the planet.

Typing this on my phone was a PITA.
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited:
Back