pay it forward being abused?

pure_ego

enzyme of hypoverbage
Donating Member
Registered
I'm not trying to call anybody out.. I just think a clarification of the "pay it forward" idea as to my understanding is needed since it is still going strong.

the idea is ... if you want/need something... and somebody is offering... you get that item from them.. (free, or damn close to free IE - shipping charges) and something you no longer need goes on the board to somebody else that wants/needs that item.

for example..

ego would like to try lowering links... ted biele has a set..

ego gets lowering links

ego gives pac his exhaust (although pac did pay shipping cuz he lives in the middle of the damn ocean and exhaust is HEAVY... plus ego didn't realize pac didn't need all of the exhaust just a few pieces)

red05 has a hugger that is slightly scratched and he doesn't want it..

ego gets the hugger (repaints it and installs it on his bike.. thusly completing basically every "cosmetic" mod he's ever wanted)

ego offers up a LED undertail that he has no plans of using...
somebody (nobody has sent me a damn PM with shipping address info to claim it yet) gets the undertail

ego decides lowering links are not for him and thusly offers them back up to the board for somebody else to try.
(available if you want em)

ego waits to get rid of the undertail to pay himself forward enough so that when/if somebody offers up a set of links to raise the rear 1 inch he won't feel guilty about taking possession of that item.

Notice there is no "ego hordes up item and ebays them" in this scenario..

I don't think anybody is doing that... i'm just clarifying the rules before it does happen.

and thats my public service announcment for the evening..

and I love the pay it forward thing..  it's genius, and whoever that dude was that made the original thread... thanks!  My hugger looks frikken schweet!

<!--EDIT|pure_ego
Reason for Edit: None given...|1137125889 -->

wink.gif

alright, FINE! I'll take that undertail since you're twisting my arm.
biggrin.gif

Offering up one long-haired billy goat named Bob.

short version is..

if you want this undertail I got .. it's painted black.. not an excellent paint job.. but more than adequate enough for an undertail.. it was professionally done.. just got some dust/dirt in a spot or two cuz I told the guy to just do it quick/dirty. ..

anyway.. black with squarish type LED lights in the bad...

you can have it.. you just gotta offer up something in return.. and not like belly lint or something useless.. something somebody on this board would actually want.. and you gotta give it to em'.

shoot me a PM if ya want it.

Truwrecks started it and it is a great thread. I sent out my items but I never got what I wanted . Oh well, No big deal I guess, I was just going to sell it on e-bay anyway:D
tounge.gif
!

ok, and now I have a PM with an address.. haha so it's not available anymores.

sorry other dude... I decided when I put it up whoever put a PM in my box first with a address was getting it.

I'll see your offer and raise it.

Long haired billy goat named Bob, sheep clippers and an aardvark named Harold.

I know how you feel. A dozen members asked for some items and I sent out a helmet and a brand new stock windscreen, and included the shipping (one to Canada), to two grateful members. The only thing offered back, a grab bar from a third member, never showed. A PM was sent two weeks ago and I got a "dog ate my homework" excuse for not fulfilling the promise. Still a no show.
It's been a welfare program with me supplying the food-stamps. Damn disappointing folks. Damn disappointing.

I know how you feel. A dozen members asked for some items and I sent out a helmet and a brand new stock windscreen, and included the shipping (one to Canada), to two grateful members. The only thing offered back, a grab bar from a third member, never showed. A PM was sent two weeks ago and I got a "dog ate my homework" excuse for not fulfilling the promise. Still a no show.
It's been a welfare program with me supplying the food-stamps. Damn disappointing folks. Damn disappointing.
Uhh...sorry to hear that. Hopefully the other member comes through for you. Don't get all riled up yet, though. Give the member a chance.

For myself, I'm sending out:

undertray
sprocket
cush drive rubbers
stock exhaust cans
headers (that I hafta cut, mind you)
forks
swingarm

and: I'm loaning out some engine tools.

What I'm getting:   bar ends. Stock, OEM bar ends. Nothing wrong with that...

You don't hear a peep from me, though.
rock.gif

<!--EDIT|PACIFICBUSA
Reason for Edit: None given...|1137139307 -->

I sent everything I promised, I answered on each PM I received in 12 hours time frame....

I asked some people numerous times about something they offered and never received an answer.
I`m not gonna tell who they was....

This tread was not trade-it-forward so I`m fine if I did not received answer or parts, I sent everything I promised and provided a tracking numbers.

P.S. If somebody didn`t received parts I promised please get back to me so we can track them.

For myself, I'm sending out:

undertray
sprocket
cush drive rubbers
stock exhaust cans
headers (that I hafta cut, mind you)
forks
swingarm

and: I'm loaning out some engine tools.

What I'm getting:   bar ends. Stock, OEM bar ends. Nothing wrong with that...
Exactly.

As I understood it, it was a "Pay-It-Forward", as in send people stuff you don't want, because that is what a nice person you are. That's it. No trades, no expecting something else in return.

It's nice that some got stuff in return.

And it would be NICER if people answered PM's in a timely fashion... but, hey, that's people for ya.

My husband gave away a stock exhaust and a hugger. But got nothing.. getting nothing was expected. He was "paying it forward".

::Shrug::...

Excellent idea... excellent post... too bad some didn't understand the underlaying point.

Back