Passenger Pegs with Buell pegs

UncleSteve

Gear good - roadrash bad
Donating Member
Registered
After doing the Buell peg mod, now the passenger pegs need to go...
Anyone have a good replacement for the passenger pegs?
Pics please....

Buell pegs with Pro-Tek passenger pegs seem to look ok.
whistling.gif

I was just going to ask the same question. Also are there any passenger pegs out there that move them a little forward and down similar to the Buell mod? When I put my saddlebags on for a trip my wife doesn't have much room for her feet and it gets uncomfortable for her after a while.

I am in the middle of seeing if I can make the buell pegs work for passenger to, Flip the right peg to the left and vice versa, shave of the same as rider pegs, and notch on the inside, not done yet, just in the midst of, I will keep all posted

I am in the middle of seeing if I can make the buell pegs work for passenger to, Flip the right peg to the left and vice versa, shave of the same as rider pegs, and notch on the inside, not done yet, just in the midst of, I will keep all posted
The flanges will be too thin for safety,....and if you create an adapter to place inside the two flanges,......the pegs will probably break from the forces pushing outward. Be careful!!!

The flanges will be too thin for safety,....and if you create an adapter to place inside the two flanges,......the pegs will probably break from the forces pushing outward. Be careful!!!
Sounds like you already thought of this and tried it??

djorgensen3,

Maybe someone here can make something like this for you?(this pick isn't for the Busa)

kit.jpg

Oh and will have to look at the Buell rear pegs at the stealership around the block to see how they mount up,but If what you'll were referring to the front pegs being used in the Rear...Looking out in the garage at my bike don't see how they would match up. I do know that the rear pegs(Busa) take a ball bearing and a Flex plate to hold it in up position. So would need for Buell to have a solid Center to have it work most likely.

Will have to ride my bike over there tomorrow or Monday and see. Will take pics with my phone so you'll can see.

I know there would have to be some creative engineering to overcome the fitment issues. I was thinking have the center filled in then machined down to fit in the bracket.

My goal is to move the rear passenger pegs down and a little forward to allow my wife to have more room for her feet when saddlegbags are on. I like the Buell fronts, I just want the rears to match and have function as well.

the rear bracket is to close together to do the buell mod . I am looking for some thing like them now also !

Back