Passenger Foot Peg Mods...

screethoprez

Registered
Hey all,
I just got my bike back from the shop. Had a Micron single exhaust and PCIII installed. Now, I'm curious as to what are my options for cleaning up that lone passenger foot peg. I could cut it and smooth it out, but I'm not sure I want to lose that in case the stock exhaust has to go back on for warranty purposes.
I was told that there was a plug for the hole that would clean up the look a little...

Thanks,

Rich

Yeah, somewhere on here there's a thread with a link to a plug. It's a tasty little chrome piece with the kanji on it...pricey if I remember correctly. I'm not sure who posted but I'll scounge a little and see if I can find it. I'll link it if I do. I just left mine the way it is with the stock rubber plug in it...for now anyway.

Here it is. The <a href="http://secure.mycart.net/catalogs/catalog.asp?prodid=2522602&showprevnext=1">Exhaust Mount Plug<a> from Schnitz Racing. If I ever go with a full system I will get one of these because I will definitely keep the rear passenger pegs.

That definitely will be on my list of things to order once I get back home tomorrow. I can't stand the looks of that single black rubber mount. IMO, it looks like shid.

I seen this back in the day when I polished my stock exhaust....he may even be a member.

cut and polished rear pegs

the site has step-by-step procedures on how to do that and many other things.

John

<!--EDIT|jmaz268
Reason for Edit: "Because i can"|1110483162 -->

I like the idea of removing it, but I may need to put the stock exhaust back on in the future. Does anybody sell these with them all ready cut?

Thanks,

Rich

I like the idea of removing it, but I may need to put the stock exhaust back on in the future.  Does anybody sell these with them all ready cut?

Thanks,

Rich
Dude, just do what BigBS said and get the plug for the peg. It's removable. I too have a Micron full exhaust and I have the peg. Here is a pic of what it looks like on LoBusa's Busa...

Lo_s_plug.jpg

Hey what color is your bike. I just powdercoated my pegs and not the rubber groumnet in there looks like an after market plug
cool.gif

Back